What is involved in Heterogeneous computing
Find out what the related areas are that Heterogeneous computing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Heterogeneous computing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Heterogeneous computing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Heterogeneous computing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Heterogeneous computing related domains to cover and 109 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Heterogeneous computing, ARM big.LITTLE, Analog Devices, Apple Inc., Apple system on a chip, Application binary interface, Application programming interface, Cache coherency, Calling convention, Conventional PCI, Cray XD1, Direct memory access, Electrical efficiency, Emotion Engine, Fixed function units, Floating point, Function pointer, Hardware acceleration, Heterogeneous System Architecture, Instruction set, Instruction set architecture, Integrated circuit, Memory controller, Memory hierarchy, Movidius Myriad 2, Multi-core processor, Non-uniform memory access, PlayStation 2, SRC Computers, Scratchpad memory, Symmetric multiprocessor, System on a chip, Texas Instruments, Vision processing unit:
Heterogeneous computing Critical Criteria:
Derive from Heterogeneous computing risks and raise human resource and employment practices for Heterogeneous computing.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Heterogeneous computing information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are the short and long-term Heterogeneous computing goals?
– What are the long-term Heterogeneous computing goals?
ARM big.LITTLE Critical Criteria:
Have a session on ARM big.LITTLE visions and interpret which customers can’t participate in ARM big.LITTLE because they lack skills.
– what is the best design framework for Heterogeneous computing organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Heterogeneous computing? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is the scope of Heterogeneous computing defined?
Analog Devices Critical Criteria:
Guide Analog Devices decisions and report on setting up Analog Devices without losing ground.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Heterogeneous computing in a volatile global economy?
– Will Heterogeneous computing have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are current Heterogeneous computing Paradigms?
Apple Inc. Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Apple Inc. strategies and figure out ways to motivate other Apple Inc. users.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Heterogeneous computing objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Have you identified your Heterogeneous computing key performance indicators?
– Who sets the Heterogeneous computing standards?
Apple system on a chip Critical Criteria:
Think about Apple system on a chip visions and catalog what business benefits will Apple system on a chip goals deliver if achieved.
– What are our needs in relation to Heterogeneous computing skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Heterogeneous computing objectives?
– How do we Identify specific Heterogeneous computing investment and emerging trends?
Application binary interface Critical Criteria:
Meet over Application binary interface tactics and plan concise Application binary interface education.
– Is there any existing Heterogeneous computing governance structure?
Application programming interface Critical Criteria:
Investigate Application programming interface goals and report on setting up Application programming interface without losing ground.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Heterogeneous computing?
– Do Heterogeneous computing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How do we manage Heterogeneous computing Knowledge Management (KM)?
Cache coherency Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Cache coherency issues and work towards be a leading Cache coherency expert.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Heterogeneous computing activities?
Calling convention Critical Criteria:
Analyze Calling convention engagements and oversee Calling convention requirements.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Heterogeneous computing models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Do those selected for the Heterogeneous computing team have a good general understanding of what Heterogeneous computing is all about?
– How do we go about Securing Heterogeneous computing?
Conventional PCI Critical Criteria:
Think about Conventional PCI projects and get out your magnifying glass.
– Can we add value to the current Heterogeneous computing decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What is our Heterogeneous computing Strategy?
Cray XD1 Critical Criteria:
Group Cray XD1 tasks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Cray XD1.
– Think of your Heterogeneous computing project. what are the main functions?
– How can the value of Heterogeneous computing be defined?
Direct memory access Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Direct memory access quality and do something to it.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Heterogeneous computing?
– What business benefits will Heterogeneous computing goals deliver if achieved?
Electrical efficiency Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Electrical efficiency visions and prioritize challenges of Electrical efficiency.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Heterogeneous computing values?
– How do we keep improving Heterogeneous computing?
Emotion Engine Critical Criteria:
Mine Emotion Engine outcomes and get answers.
– Why should we adopt a Heterogeneous computing framework?
Fixed function units Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Fixed function units strategies and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Does Heterogeneous computing analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Why are Heterogeneous computing skills important?
Floating point Critical Criteria:
Design Floating point planning and drive action.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Heterogeneous computing product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do we monitor the Heterogeneous computing decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Function pointer Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Function pointer strategies and correct Function pointer management by competencies.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Heterogeneous computing workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Heterogeneous computing moving forward?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Heterogeneous computing study?
Hardware acceleration Critical Criteria:
Face Hardware acceleration risks and gather practices for scaling Hardware acceleration.
– Is the Heterogeneous computing organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Can we do Heterogeneous computing without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How will you measure your Heterogeneous computing effectiveness?
Heterogeneous System Architecture Critical Criteria:
Learn from Heterogeneous System Architecture strategies and look at it backwards.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Heterogeneous computing processes?
– Does our organization need more Heterogeneous computing education?
Instruction set Critical Criteria:
Shape Instruction set engagements and look in other fields.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Heterogeneous computing processes?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Heterogeneous computing agendas for the next 3 years?
– How to deal with Heterogeneous computing Changes?
Instruction set architecture Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Instruction set architecture projects and know what your objective is.
– When a Heterogeneous computing manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Integrated circuit Critical Criteria:
Design Integrated circuit governance and change contexts.
– In a project to restructure Heterogeneous computing outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Are there Heterogeneous computing Models?
Memory controller Critical Criteria:
Survey Memory controller issues and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Memory controller is getting what it needs.
– Are accountability and ownership for Heterogeneous computing clearly defined?
Memory hierarchy Critical Criteria:
Merge Memory hierarchy issues and report on setting up Memory hierarchy without losing ground.
– Is Heterogeneous computing dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Movidius Myriad 2 Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Movidius Myriad 2 management and integrate design thinking in Movidius Myriad 2 innovation.
– For your Heterogeneous computing project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Multi-core processor Critical Criteria:
Recall Multi-core processor strategies and define what our big hairy audacious Multi-core processor goal is.
– Is maximizing Heterogeneous computing protection the same as minimizing Heterogeneous computing loss?
Non-uniform memory access Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Non-uniform memory access decisions and describe the risks of Non-uniform memory access sustainability.
– Does Heterogeneous computing create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Heterogeneous computing opportunities costing us money?
PlayStation 2 Critical Criteria:
Infer PlayStation 2 engagements and finalize the present value of growth of PlayStation 2.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Heterogeneous computing experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Heterogeneous computing requirements in detail?
SRC Computers Critical Criteria:
Facilitate SRC Computers visions and interpret which customers can’t participate in SRC Computers because they lack skills.
– Think about the people you identified for your Heterogeneous computing project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Heterogeneous computing does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– To what extent does management recognize Heterogeneous computing as a tool to increase the results?
Scratchpad memory Critical Criteria:
Analyze Scratchpad memory issues and proactively manage Scratchpad memory risks.
– Does Heterogeneous computing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What are our Heterogeneous computing Processes?
Symmetric multiprocessor Critical Criteria:
Gauge Symmetric multiprocessor visions and acquire concise Symmetric multiprocessor education.
– In the case of a Heterogeneous computing project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Heterogeneous computing project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Heterogeneous computing project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What is Effective Heterogeneous computing?
System on a chip Critical Criteria:
Check System on a chip leadership and define what our big hairy audacious System on a chip goal is.
– For correct behaviour of synchronous edge-triggered hardware, the progagation delay of D-types must be greater than their hold time. Question : How can we ensuse this in a technology-neutral model that does not have any specific numerical delays ?
– For faster system modelling, we do not want to enter EDS kernel for every change of every net or bus: so is it possible to pass larger objects around, or even send threads between components, like S/W does ?
– Technology and Circuits for On-Chip Networks: How will technology (ITRS CMOS) and circuit design affect the design of on-chip networks. What key research issues must be addressed in this area?
– When evaluating an assertion-based test program for an IP block, we can compute assertion coverage in many ways: e.g. What percentage of rule disjuncts held as dominators (on their own) ?
– Consider adjusting the clock frequency (while keeping VCC constant for now). What does this achieve?
– Can we automatically create RTL glue logic from port specifications ?
– What is driving the industry to develop the SoC design methodology?
– How small can we go: what is the silicon end point ?
– How do you ensure that the micro-boundary is secure?
– What has synthesisable RTL traditionally provided ?
– How long to hold bus before re-arbitration ?
– Higher-level: Behavioural or Logical ?
– Is it synchronous or asynchronous?
– To chain all registers in a uP?
– Can division be bit-blasted ?
– When) Will FPGAs Kill ASICs?
– How is a SoC implemented?
– Deadlock may be missed ?
– Where are SoCs Headed?
– How much improvement?
Texas Instruments Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Texas Instruments visions and arbitrate Texas Instruments techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Heterogeneous computing?
Vision processing unit Critical Criteria:
Chat re Vision processing unit governance and track iterative Vision processing unit results.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Heterogeneous computing project?
– What are specific Heterogeneous computing Rules to follow?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Heterogeneous computing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
ARM big.LITTLE External links:
Linux kernel 3.10 arrives with ARM big.LITTLE support
ARM big.LITTLE – Android Authority
ARM big.LITTLE Technology Explained – YouTube
Analog Devices External links:
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Pre-Market Trading – NASDAQ.com
Analog Devices, Inc. – ADI – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Eurest at Analog Devices – Wilmington, MA
Apple Inc. External links:
Apple Inc. (AAPL) After Hours Trading – NASDAQ.com
Apple Inc.: NASDAQ:AAPL quotes & news – Google Finance
Apple Watch User Guide by Apple Inc. on iBooks
Apple system on a chip External links:
Apple system on a chip – revolvy.com
http://www.revolvy.com/topic/Apple system on a chip&item_type=topic
Application programming interface External links:
BEA Data Application Programming Interface (API)
Cache coherency External links:
[PDF]Cache Coherency in Multiprocessor Systems MESI …
Calling convention External links:
-Gd, -Gr, -Gv, -Gz (Calling Convention) – msdn.microsoft.com
Bad DLL calling convention (Error 49) – msdn.microsoft.com
“CALLING CONVENTION FOR REVISION OF …
Conventional PCI External links:
Conventional PCI | Bulldog Reporter
Electrical efficiency External links:
ARPA-E | Electrical Efficiency
Electrical Efficiency Calculators | HSB
Emotion Engine External links:
Emotion Engine – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Emotion Engine – Home | Facebook
Ridge Racer V: Emotion Engine – GTPlanet
Floating point External links:
Base Convert: the simple floating point base calculator
MIPS Floating Point – Programming Tutorials
Function pointer External links:
C++ function pointer as parameter – Stack Overflow
http://A function pointer (or subroutine pointer or procedure pointer) is a type of pointer supported by third-generation programming languages (such as PL/I, COBOL, Fortran, dBASE dBL, and C) and object-oriented programming languages (such as C++ and D).
.net – How to store a function pointer in C# – Stack Overflow
Hardware acceleration External links:
How to Enable or Disable Hardware Acceleration in …
OpenGL hardware acceleration is unavailable for …
Heterogeneous System Architecture External links:
LCE13: Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) on …
Heterogeneous System Architecture – ScienceDirect
Instruction set External links:
RISC-V Foundation | Instruction Set Architecture (ISA)
Instruction set architecture External links:
[PDF]Chapter 5, The Instruction Set Architecture Level
RISC-V Foundation | Instruction Set Architecture (ISA)
Instruction Set Architecture Flashcards | Quizlet
Integrated circuit External links:
Integrated Circuits – Engineering and Technology History …
[PDF]Integrated Circuit Basics – Computer Technology …
integrated circuit – Everything2.com
Memory controller External links:
S/Labs HyperBus Memory Controller
Hyperstone – Flash Memory Controller
Memory hierarchy External links:
Quiz Memory Hierarchy Flashcards | Quizlet
Memory Hierarchy Flashcards | Quizlet
Benchmarking the Memory Hierarchy of Modern GPUs | …
Movidius Myriad 2 External links:
FLIR Boson Thermal Core with Movidius Myriad 2 – YouTube
Non-uniform memory access External links:
[PDF]Non-uniform memory access (NUMA) – cc.gatech.edu
Non-Uniform Memory Access (NUMA): Overview – Petri
PlayStation 2 External links:
PS2 Games – Playstation 2 Games and Accessories | GameStop
Download PS2 BIOS / Playstation 2 BIOS for FREE
Nyko AC Power Cord for PlayStation 2 | GameStop
SRC Computers External links:
srccomp.com – SRC Computers
Src Computers Company Profile | Owler
SRC Computers, LLC – Home | Facebook
Scratchpad memory External links:
WCET-Aware Scratchpad Memory Management for Hard …
System on a chip External links:
[PDF]3 Dimensional Monolithic System on a Chip (3DSoC)
Texas Instruments External links:
TI Analog, DSP and Semiconductor Products – Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated: NASDAQ:TXN quotes …
Vision processing unit External links:
Vision Processing Unit | Machine Vision Technology | …
Movidius Vision Processing Unit Enters 2nd Generation | …