What is involved in Product strategy
Find out what the related areas are that Product strategy connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Product strategy thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Product strategy journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Product strategy leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Product strategy related domains to cover and 62 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Product strategy, Amazon Standard Identification Number, Concept testing, Design strategy, Marketing, New product development, Product design, Product differentiation, Product life-cycle management, Profit margin, SWOT analysis, Strategic planning, Value chain:
Product strategy Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Product strategy risks and oversee implementation of Product strategy.
– Think about the people you identified for your Product strategy project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are the key elements of your Product strategy performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Does our organization need more Product strategy education?
– How well does the product fit with our product strategy?
Amazon Standard Identification Number Critical Criteria:
Rank Amazon Standard Identification Number failures and look at the big picture.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Product strategy processes?
– How can we improve Product strategy?
Concept testing Critical Criteria:
Learn from Concept testing engagements and finalize the present value of growth of Concept testing.
– What are the disruptive Product strategy technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Design strategy Critical Criteria:
Detail Design strategy governance and report on the economics of relationships managing Design strategy and constraints.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Product strategy study?
– What is Effective Product strategy?
Marketing Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Marketing goals and grade techniques for implementing Marketing controls.
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated with the current CRM, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– There are a variety of product related problems that can turn into crises. what if product tampering occurs and consumers buying products are harmed?
– In imc, you learn to ask how specifically does your company or business communicate effectively with the audiences?
– How do we begin to approach our marketing opportunities from an integrated marketing communications standpoint?
– Imagine you have six products. How should you allocate your limited marketing resources among them?
– What are the key reasons for integrating your email marketing system with your CRM?
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– It supports conviction and purchase by asking so, are you ready to connect?
– How much interaction w/customers does this communications vehicle allow?
– Receptivity of the audience (how receptive are they to this message?
– Message – what are the specific messages to be communicated?
– Is it broadening the reach of your message to new audiences?
– How do we encourage consumer participation on web sites?
– Do we have experlenco with this type of promotion?
– Documentation supporting any options selected?
– Will the promotion be supported by media?
– Does relationship marketing age well?
– Who are your target audiences?
– What is to be tested?
New product development Critical Criteria:
Huddle over New product development management and stake your claim.
– A dramatic step toward becoming a learning organization is to appoint a chief training officer (CTO) or a chief learning officer (CLO). Many organizations claim to value Human Resources, but how many have a Human Resources representative involved in discussions about research and development commercialization, new product development, the strategic vision of the company, or increasing shareholder value?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Product strategy project manager?
– When a Product strategy manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Project type: what percent of resources should go to new product developments?
– Which step in new product development you think is the most important?
– What are the steps in the new product development process?
– How can new product development be sped up?
– Are there recognized Product strategy problems?
Product design Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Product design projects and be persistent.
– Is maximizing Product strategy protection the same as minimizing Product strategy loss?
– To what extent has the product architecture and overall product design been developed?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Product strategy project?
Product differentiation Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Product differentiation outcomes and plan concise Product differentiation education.
– For your Product strategy project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Product strategy move?
– How to deal with Product strategy Changes?
Product life-cycle management Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Product life-cycle management engagements and display thorough understanding of the Product life-cycle management process.
– How do we manage Product strategy Knowledge Management (KM)?
Profit margin Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Profit margin governance and arbitrate Profit margin techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Product strategy, including any consulting or professional services?
– How can we better deploy our employees to drive improved profit margins?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Product strategy?
– Can we do Product strategy without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Is the profit margin holding?
SWOT analysis Critical Criteria:
Value SWOT analysis tactics and pay attention to the small things.
– What is the source of the strategies for Product strategy strengthening and reform?
– When was your last SWOT analysis for Internal Audit?
– Why are Product strategy skills important?
Strategic planning Critical Criteria:
Focus on Strategic planning strategies and maintain Strategic planning for success.
– Are the data relevant to the strategic planning needs of the company?
– What is the purpose of Product strategy in relation to the mission?
– What are all of our Product strategy domains and what do they do?
– Who will provide the final approval of Product strategy deliverables?
Value chain Critical Criteria:
Guard Value chain failures and question.
– How can you negotiate Product strategy successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How do we Identify specific Product strategy investment and emerging trends?
– How much does Product strategy help?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Product strategy Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Product strategy External links:
Product Strategy Definition and Examples | Aha!
What Is Product Strategy? – Examples & Definition – …
Product Strategy | SBI – Sales Benchmark Index
Amazon Standard Identification Number External links:
Amazon Standard Identification Number – Infogalactic: …
Amazon Standard Identification Number – YouTube
Concept testing External links:
Prediction Markets | Real Time Intelligence | Concept Testing
Product Concept Testing – Riedel Marketing Group
Concept testing Flashcards | Quizlet
Design strategy External links:
Taylor Design – Architecture, Interior Design, Design Strategy
Design Strategy Salaries | CareerBliss
12 Design Strategy reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
Marketing External links:
Salesforce Marketing Cloud – Exact Target
New product development External links:
Test Marketing in New Product Development
New Product Development – Kleinn Air Horns
Product design External links:
Industrial Designer | Nick Chubb – Product Design Portfolio
Business Innovation & Product Design Firm | Nottingham Spirk
Alias | Industrial Design & Product Design Software | Autodesk
Product differentiation External links:
Product Differentiation Definition – Investopedia
Product Differentiation Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]PRODUCT DIFFERENTIATION: A TOOL OF …
Profit margin External links:
How to Make a Profit Margin Formula in Excel | Chron.com
Profit Margin Calculator – brattbank.com
How to Determine Your Profit Margin: 9 Steps (with Pictures)
SWOT analysis External links:
SWOT analysis examples – Office Templates
[PDF]STRATEGIC PLANNING AND SWOT ANALYSIS
Examples of Weaknesses in SWOT Analysis | Chron.com
Strategic planning External links:
Strategic Planning Samples | OnStrategy Resources
Association for Strategic Planning
9 Free Strategic Planning Templates – Smartsheet
Value chain External links:
Value Chain Analysis: Definition and Examples