What is involved in Data Masking
Find out what the related areas are that Data Masking connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Data Masking thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Data Masking journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Data Masking leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Data Masking related domains to cover and 64 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Data Masking, Application software, Attribute-Based Access Control, Continuous delivery, Data breach, Data field, Data integrity, Format-preserving encryption, Format Preserving Encryption, Luhn algorithm, Masking and unmasking by intelligence agencies, Personally identifiable information, Software testing:
Data Masking Critical Criteria:
Trace Data Masking risks and report on the economics of relationships managing Data Masking and constraints.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Data Masking. How do we gain traction?
– Are inadequate approaches to data masking driving companies to compromise security?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Data Masking?
– How much does Data Masking help?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Application software leadership and shift your focus.
– Does Data Masking systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– Does Data Masking appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How would one define Data Masking leadership?
Attribute-Based Access Control Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Attribute-Based Access Control issues and devote time assessing Attribute-Based Access Control and its risk.
– Does the Data Masking task fit the clients priorities?
– What are the business goals Data Masking is aiming to achieve?
– Is a Data Masking Team Work effort in place?
Continuous delivery Critical Criteria:
Chart Continuous delivery issues and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Continuous delivery.
– A competitive edge, excellent. Focus on continuous delivery. Move on to continuous deployment because that is going to provide your business value. But look at your individual business. Look at your environment and say is that what gives us the competitive edge?
– Does your organization run a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Data Masking moving forward?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Data Masking?
– Does your organization hope to achieve continuous delivery?
Data breach Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Data breach management and probe Data breach strategic alliances.
– One day; you may be the victim of a data breach and need to answer questions from customers and the press immediately. Are you ready for each possible scenario; have you decided on a communication plan that reduces the impact on your support team while giving the most accurate information to the data subjects? Who is your company spokesperson and will you be ready even if the breach becomes public out of usual office hours?
– Have policies and procedures been established to ensure the continuity of data services in an event of a data breach, loss, or other disaster (this includes a disaster recovery plan)?
– What staging or emergency preparation for a data breach or E-Discovery could be established ahead of time to prepare or mitigate a data breach?
– Would you be able to notify a data protection supervisory authority of a data breach within 72 hours?
– Data breach notification: what to do when your personal data has been breached?
– Do you have a communication plan ready to go after a data breach?
– How does the GDPR affect policy surrounding data breaches?
– Are you sure you can detect data breaches?
– Who is responsible for a data breach?
– How to deal with Data Masking Changes?
Data field Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Data field engagements and catalog Data field activities.
– For other types of programs, decision rights may require more negotiation. for example, who should decide the length of a data field in a new system?
– When a Data Masking manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Who should decide the length of a data field in a new system?
– What data fields are targeted for migration?
– What will drive Data Masking change?
– What threat is Data Masking addressing?
Data integrity Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Data integrity goals and catalog Data integrity activities.
– Integrity/availability/confidentiality: How are data integrity, availability, and confidentiality maintained in the cloud?
– Does Data Masking create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Data Masking that make it risky?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Data Masking activities?
– Can we rely on the Data Integrity?
– Data Integrity, Is it SAP created?
Format-preserving encryption Critical Criteria:
Align Format-preserving encryption strategies and oversee Format-preserving encryption requirements.
– How do we go about Comparing Data Masking approaches/solutions?
– Who sets the Data Masking standards?
Format Preserving Encryption Critical Criteria:
Align Format Preserving Encryption tasks and develop and take control of the Format Preserving Encryption initiative.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Data Masking process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Data Masking process available?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Data Masking leader?
– What are the long-term Data Masking goals?
Luhn algorithm Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Luhn algorithm tactics and finalize the present value of growth of Luhn algorithm.
– What are all of our Data Masking domains and what do they do?
– How do we keep improving Data Masking?
Masking and unmasking by intelligence agencies Critical Criteria:
Read up on Masking and unmasking by intelligence agencies governance and gather practices for scaling Masking and unmasking by intelligence agencies.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Data Masking in a volatile global economy?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Data Masking process?
– Will Data Masking deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Personally identifiable information Critical Criteria:
Guard Personally identifiable information projects and acquire concise Personally identifiable information education.
– When sharing data, are appropriate procedures, such as sharing agreements, put in place to ensure that any Personally identifiable information remains strictly confidential and protected from unauthorized disclosure?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Data Masking agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Data Masking with what users do day-to-day?
– Is maximizing Data Masking protection the same as minimizing Data Masking loss?
– Does the company collect personally identifiable information electronically?
– What is Personal Data or Personally Identifiable Information (PII)?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Map Software testing issues and research ways can we become the Software testing company that would put us out of business.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Data Masking ?
– How do we Lead with Data Masking in Mind?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Data Masking Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Data Masking External links:
Data Masking and Subsetting Guide – Contents
Application software External links:
wiTECH Diagnostic Application Software Download – …
Application Software for Secondary Mortgage Management
Title application software Free Download for Windows
Continuous delivery External links:
What is Continuous Delivery? – Continuous Delivery
Continuous Delivery – CA Technologies
Continuous Delivery (eBook, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Data breach External links:
What is a Data Breach? – Definition from Techopedia
Data Breach at Tewksbury Hospital | Mass.gov
Equifax data breach: What you need to know – Sep. 8, 2017
Data field External links:
Date Format in Data Field | DocuSign Community
[PDF]Error DN Data Field Name 999/824 Business …
[PDF]UB-04 data field requirements
Data integrity External links:
Data Integrity Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Data Integrity Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]Data Integrity Manager JD – laerdaltraining.com
Format-preserving encryption External links:
c# – SQL Server Format-Preserving encryption – Stack Overflow
Format Preserving Encryption External links:
[PDF]Format Preserving Encryption using Feistel Cipher – …
FORMAT PRESERVING ENCRYPTION SYSTEMS FOR …
Format Preserving Encryption Technique to Strengthen …
Luhn algorithm External links:
Luhn Algorithm & How Generating Credit Card Numbers | PT Money
Luhn Algorithm Definition | Investopedia
Personally identifiable information External links:
Examples of Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) – RMDA
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Software testing External links:
tap|QA – Software Testing, Continuous Integration, Selenium
Software Testing and Deployment | Olenick
Software Testing Certification Information – ASTQB …