What is involved in Service catalogue management
Find out what the related areas are that Service catalogue management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Service catalogue management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Service catalogue management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Service catalogue management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Service catalogue management related domains to cover and 66 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Service catalogue management, Service catalog, Cloud computing, IT Governance, IT Service Management, Information Technology Infrastructure Library, Information technology:
Service catalogue management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Service catalogue management governance and learn.
– Which customers cant participate in our Service catalogue management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Service catalogue management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Service catalogue management ?
Service catalog Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Service catalog governance and grade techniques for implementing Service catalog controls.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Service catalogue management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Among the Service catalogue management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What other departments, besides it, use service catalog as a means of publishing their services in your organization?
– Which software allows an administrator to create and publish a service catalogue?
– What services are published in your organizations service catalog?
– What is our formula for success in Service catalogue management ?
– Does your service catalog actually have pricing in it?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Graph Cloud computing decisions and test out new things.
– It is clear that the CSP will face a large number of requests from its customers to prove that the CSP is secure and reliable. There a number of audit and compliance considerations for both the CSP and the customer to consider in cloud computing. First, which compliance framework should a CSP adopt to satisfy its customers and manage its own risks?
– Another critical success factor is that appropriate governance needs to be in place. That is, is an appropriate organizational structure in place to manage the organization facing the cloud computing solution?
– The lack of research tools is unfortunate given that even the most fundamental questions are still unanswered: what is the right distributed architecture for a cloudcomputing system?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– Provider viability: what happens to your organizations applications and data in the event that the provider goes out of business?
– How can you start to build to a position of trust and risk management when setting up cloud computing for your organization?
– Data segregation: will the financial institutions data share resources with data from other cloud clients?
– What is the name of the organization helping to foster security standards for cloud computing?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– what is the difference between an application service and an infrastructure service?
– Will Cloud Computing replace traditional dedicated server hosting?
– What are the security issues around cloud computing?
– Is there a good pricing model for cloud services?
– How is cloud computing related to web analytics?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– What Is the Lifecycle Services Framework?
– Will cloud computing always lower costs?
IT Governance Critical Criteria:
Consolidate IT Governance engagements and get going.
– Policy compliance is closely related to IT governance. Compliance has much to do with defining, controlling and governing security efforts. How should an organization respond to security events?
– How likely is the current Service catalogue management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Service catalogue management objectives?
– what is the difference between data governance and it governance?
IT Service Management Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over IT Service Management governance and look at it backwards.
– Why do many organizations stumble or fail in their initial attempts at implementing itsm practices, and why wont we?
– Have you deployed, or are you looking to deploy, any application discovery and dependency mapping (ADDM) solutions?
– In your organization, which group oversees/coordinates your IT service management capabilities?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– Which statement best describes your organizations current IT service management strategy?
– What continuity plans are in place for recovering data, infrastructure and applications?
– Can the cloud service provider make available an endto-end continuity plan?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Are you currently engaged in an it Service Management project?
– What best practices are relevant to your itsm initiative?
– Why are business sponsors for IT projects so important?
– Do you have a single view into it Service Management?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– What does a disaster recovery plan look like?
– Will we be eligible for ISO/IEC 20000 certification?
– Which software markets will SaaS disrupt?
– What is the scope of certification?
– Is the Quality of Service met?
– Performance supported?
– what is next?
Information Technology Infrastructure Library Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Information Technology Infrastructure Library quality and raise human resource and employment practices for Information Technology Infrastructure Library.
– Does Service catalogue management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Do we monitor the Service catalogue management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– When a Service catalogue management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Information technology goals and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Service catalogue management?
– Have you identified your Service catalogue management key performance indicators?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– Are accountability and ownership for Service catalogue management clearly defined?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Service catalogue management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Service catalogue management External links:
Service Catalogue Management – biguiyuan.store
Service Catalogue Management in ITIL | MyITstudy Blog
Service Catalogue Management – wwwsol.de
Service catalog External links:
[PDF]Internal Revenue Service Catalog Number 48552T
CA Service Catalog – itsd.iilg.com
Service Catalog | IT Services | University of Arkansas
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – aws.amazon.com
CRM Software & Cloud Computing Solutions – Salesforce UK
IT Governance External links:
The 5 Domains of IT Governance | Long View
[PDF]U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs IT Governance …
“A Systems View of IS Governance and IT Governance: A …
IT Service Management External links:
ServiceAide: ITSM Tools – IT Service Management …
ITIL | IT Service Management | ITSM | AXELOS
IT Service Management (ITSM) – BMC Software
Information Technology Infrastructure Library External links:
[PDF]Information Technology Infrastructure Library – ITIL®
Information technology External links:
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email