What is involved in Customer data management
Find out what the related areas are that Customer data management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Customer data management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Customer data management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Customer data management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Customer data management related domains to cover and 203 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Customer data management, Aberdeen Group, Application service provider, Cloud computing, Cost efficiency, Customer, Customer Data Platform, Customer base, Customer data, Customer feedback management services, Customer privacy, Customer relationship management, Customer retention, Customer satisfaction, Data warehouse, End user, Enterprise feedback management, Human resources, Information privacy, Information technology, Marketing, Privacy law, Software as a service, Spreadsheet:
Customer data management Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Customer data management planning and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Customer data management information.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Customer data management. How do we gain traction?
– How can you negotiate Customer data management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are all of our Customer data management domains and what do they do?
Aberdeen Group Critical Criteria:
Drive Aberdeen Group tactics and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Aberdeen Group projects.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Customer data management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Customer data management process available?
– Is the Customer data management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– When a Customer data management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Application service provider Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Application service provider decisions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Application service provider skills.
– Does Customer data management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Customer data management that make it risky?
– Does our organization need more Customer data management education?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Match Cloud computing issues and check on ways to get started with Cloud computing.
– Well-defined, appropriate concepts of the technology are in widespread use, the technology may have been in use for many years, a formal mathematical model is defined, etc.)?
– What changes should be made to the design of future applications software, infrastructure software, and hardware to match the needs and opportunities of cloud computing?
– How will you exercise control over the data within the cloud to ensure that the data are available and that confidentiality and integrity of the data remain protected?
– For a customer-facing application, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase the number of customers accessing it?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– What is the name of the organization helping to foster security standards for cloud computing?
– what is the difference between an application service and an infrastructure service?
– When is utility computing preferable to running a private cloud?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– How is cloud computing shaping enterprise communications?
– What are the security concerns with cloud computing?
– What is the impact of hybrid cloud computing on i&o?
– Is there a good pricing model for cloud services?
– Is there a market for developing niche clouds?
– How does BYOD affect security in the cloud?
– What are some cloud computing benchmarks?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
– Defining terms: what is a cloud platform?
– How do I estimate cloud computing costs?
– what is the future of private cloud?
Cost efficiency Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Cost efficiency tasks and report on the economics of relationships managing Cost efficiency and constraints.
– Do those selected for the Customer data management team have a good general understanding of what Customer data management is all about?
– Will Customer data management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Customer data management?
Customer Critical Criteria:
Grasp Customer issues and learn.
– How many training hours are included within the standard support and maintenance agreement and how is that training delivered (e.g., at the vendors location, onsite at the customers location, via the web)?
– Does the cloud service provider have sufficient backto-back supporting contracts with the third party providers to ensure service provision to the customer?
– When you put together your strategic plan, is that based on input from your customers, your business units that you service?
– Can the customer work with you to conduct separate disaster recovery tests in order to test/validate readiness?
– To overcome the barriers to effective CRM implementation: What should be communicated and to whom?
– So what does all this mean for the role of Customer Service within the organization?
– What level of customer involvement is required during the implementation?
– Can visitors/customers opt out of sharing their personal information?
– CRM Effectiveness Measures: How Well do You Know Your Customers?
– Do we monitor Customer Service and make efforts to improve it?
– Is it easy for your visitors or customers to contact you?
– Do you know which customers give you the best business?
– What types of solutions are your customers evaluating?
– Does Customer Knowledge Affect How Loyalty Is Formed?
– What helps us to keep commitments to customers?
– Does the user have permission to go offline?
– Can your customers interact with each other?
– Who Are Our Customers?
Customer Data Platform Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Customer Data Platform results and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Customer Data Platform projects.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Customer data management processes?
– Is there any existing Customer data management governance structure?
Customer base Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Customer base visions and create a map for yourself.
– How representative is twitter sentiment analysis relative to our customer base?
– How well does the product fit our current customer base?
– What are the demographics of the customer base?
– How can we improve Customer data management?
Customer data Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Customer data goals and cater for concise Customer data education.
– In addition to the security of your own customer data, customers should also be concerned about what data the provider collects and how the CSP protects that data. Specifically with regard to your customer data, what metadata does the provider have about your data, how is it secured, and what access do you, the customer, have to that metadata?
– Specifically with regard to your customer data, what metadata does the provider have about your data, how is it secured, and what access do you, the customer, have to that metadata?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– What about other business related data, such as, customer data, supplier data, or spatial data?
– How do we measure improved Customer data management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Does a massive loss of customer data necessarily imply poor engineering?
– What customer data is necessary?
Customer feedback management services Critical Criteria:
Face Customer feedback management services risks and arbitrate Customer feedback management services techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What business benefits will Customer data management goals deliver if achieved?
– Are there recognized Customer data management problems?
Customer privacy Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Customer privacy strategies and get the big picture.
– Describe the companys current practices that are used to protect proprietary information and customer privacy and personal information. Does the company have an information classification and handling policy?
– How likely is the current Customer data management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Customer data management opportunities costing us money?
– Is Customer data management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Customer relationship management Critical Criteria:
Model after Customer relationship management strategies and create a map for yourself.
– How can we help cultural issues relating to loss of control, constant change and mistrust?
– What are the integration capabilities for the crm system (files, xml, api)?
– When shipping a product, do you send tracking information to the customer?
– Do you follow-up with your customers after their order has been filled?
– Does the user have permission to synchronize to the offline data store?
– What are the benefits you want to receive as a result of using CRM?
– How many current users will maintain and access the CRM program?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
– How is a typical client engagement with your firm structured?
– Do you have technology that assist in online monitoring?
– Do selfservice calls require interaction with an agent?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
– What benefits can we gain from using analytical CRM?
– What kinds of problems/issues do they encounter?
– Is the Outlook synching performance acceptable?
– Is the offline synching performance acceptable?
– How many cases have been resolved?
– What happens to workflows?
– Can metadata be loaded?
Customer retention Critical Criteria:
Map Customer retention leadership and define what do we need to start doing with Customer retention.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Customer data management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Customer data management?
– What are specific Customer data management Rules to follow?
Customer satisfaction Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Customer satisfaction management and transcribe Customer satisfaction as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– What is the difference, if any, in customer satisfaction between the use and results of agile-driven software development methods and the use and results of plan-driven software development software development methods?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Performance Standard: What should be the standards for completeness, reliability, accuracy, timeliness, customer satisfaction, quality and/or cost?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– How does the company manage the design and delivery of products and services that promise a high level of customer satisfaction?
– Do the Customer data management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– How does the firm measure and monitor client service and customer satisfaction?
– What employee characteristics drive customer satisfaction?
– How do we go about Securing Customer data management?
Data warehouse Critical Criteria:
Add value to Data warehouse issues and define Data warehouse competency-based leadership.
– What tier data server has been identified for the storage of decision support data contained in a data warehouse?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Customer data management values?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– What is the difference between a database and data warehouse?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– Data Warehouse versus Data Lake (Data Swamp)?
– How to deal with Customer data management Changes?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
– Centralized data warehouse?
End user Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate End user risks and improve End user service perception.
– Does Customer data management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Does the calibration lab or calibration contractor provide the end user notification of any out of tolerance conditions?
– How do the end users of cloud computing know that their information is not having any availability and security issues?
– From the end users eyes, is it possible for the change to have a major impact on services if problems occur?
– How does the vendor handle software and hardware maintenance, end user support, and maintenance agreements?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Will the change have only minimal or no impact on services provided to the end users if a problem occurs?
– In a project to restructure Customer data management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Will the change have only minor impact on services provided to the end users if problems occur?
– To what extent does management recognize Customer data management as a tool to increase the results?
– Is the change needed to restore immediate service to the end user?
– Will the change be visible only to a small group of end users?
– Will the change be visible to a large number of end users?
– How significant is the improvement in the eyes of the end user?
– Can all end user classes be identified?
– Is the change visible to all end users?
Enterprise feedback management Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Enterprise feedback management risks and reduce Enterprise feedback management costs.
– Can we add value to the current Customer data management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Customer data management agendas for the next 3 years?
Human resources Critical Criteria:
Frame Human resources adoptions and question.
– How do we engage divisions, operating units, operations, internal audit, risk management, compliance, finance, technology, and human resources in adopting the updated framework?
– How often do we hold meaningful conversations at the operating level among sales, finance, operations, IT, and human resources?
– To satisfy our customers and stakeholders, what financial objectives must we accomplish?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– Why does the company collect and use personal data in the employment context?
– How is Staffs willingness to help or refer questions to the proper level?
– Is the crisis management team comprised of members from Human Resources?
– What is the important thing that human resources management should do?
– To achieve our goals, how must our organization learn and innovate?
– How should any risks to privacy and civil liberties be managed?
– Are you a manager interested in increasing your effectiveness?
– How do you view the department and staff members as a whole?
– To achieve our vision, what customer needs must we serve?
– Ease of contacting the Human Resources staff members?
– Does the hr plan make sense to our stakeholders?
– How is Promptness of returning calls or e-mail?
– What threat is Customer data management addressing?
– What do users think of the information?
– What are the data sources and data mix?
– What is our Customer data management Strategy?
Information privacy Critical Criteria:
Test Information privacy leadership and display thorough understanding of the Information privacy process.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Customer data management delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Customer data management processes of our organization?
– How to Secure Customer data management?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Align Information technology goals and find out what it really means.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Customer data management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– Are there Customer data management problems defined?
Marketing Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Marketing decisions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Marketing services.
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– Another consideration in developing an imc program is the nature of your product or service. is it over-the-counter (condoms) or ethical (oral contraceptives/ocs)?
– Is there an existing crm and email marketing relationship already in place, that can/should be leveraged or should we select a new solution altogether?
– What instore sales drivers do you need to focus on in order to take advantage of the evolution to shopper marketing?
– To get a receptive environment for our program. what are the population trends and dangers we can leverage?
– The product and consumer lifecycle stages. is the brand being introduced or is it established?
– What are the problems, opportunities and anticipated issues that public relations can address?
– What communication objectives might the game manufacturer set for this advertising message?
– What is integrated marketing communications, and why it becoming increasingly accepted?
– Nature of the message (is it complicated and therefore better communicated in person?
– What are the key reasons for integrating your email marketing system with your CRM?
– What is our Increasing importance of integrated marketing communications … why?
– What objectives are appropriate for our initial communications campaign?
– The selling chain: what is the nature of our middlemen or the trade?
– What do we need to know to achieve the strategy weve set?
– What communications laws and policies will we face?
– What specifically is the promotion to do?
– What is your regulatory environment?
– Mission – what is the objective?
Privacy law Critical Criteria:
Recall Privacy law engagements and give examples utilizing a core of simple Privacy law skills.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Customer data management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Have you considered what measures you will need to implement to ensure that the cloud provider complies with all applicable federal, state, and local privacy laws, including ferpa?
– Do you conduct an annual privacy assessment to ensure that you are in compliance with privacy laws and regulations?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Customer data management project manager?
– What is our formula for success in Customer data management ?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Test Software as a service engagements and adopt an insight outlook.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Customer data management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Which customers cant participate in our Customer data management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
Spreadsheet Critical Criteria:
Start Spreadsheet goals and shift your focus.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– You may be using spreadsheets or other tools to track incidents, resolution times, and other data. How much time does it take to consolidate this information into meaningful reports?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Customer data management moving forward?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Customer data management move?
– What will drive Customer data management change?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Customer data management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Customer data management External links:
Customer Data Management Cloud | Customer …
Product – Customer Data Management – SessionM
Customer Data Management: 7 Best Practices to Get …
Aberdeen Group External links:
Aberdeen Group – Home | Facebook
Kristine DiScala, Ph.D., HSPP – The Aberdeen Group
Application service provider External links:
Online Transcription Application Service Provider (TASP)
Transcription application service provider (TASP)
Umra Application Service Provider[::] – etawaf.com:8181
Cloud computing External links:
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Customer External links:
Optimum Customer Service | Support for Your TV, Phone, …
Bank of America Customer Service
Contact FedEx Customer Service – FedEx Canada
Customer Data Platform External links:
Amperity: The Only Intelligent Customer Data Platform
WTF is a customer data platform? – Digiday
QuickPivot | Customer Data Platform | Marketing Services
Customer base External links:
Customer Base | TI Automotive
Customer Base – CDSE
Customer Base Diversification Importance – CRI
Customer data External links:
QuickPivot | Customer Data Platform | Marketing Services
GDPR and CRM: How to Manage Customer Data in 2018
Customer Data Dial – Welcome | USPS
Customer feedback management services External links:
Customer Feedback Management Services | CraYve
Customer privacy External links:
Apple’s Commitment to Customer Privacy
Customer relationship management External links:
CRM Software | Customer Relationship Management …
Agile CRM – Customer Relationship Management
Customer Relationship Management – CRM – Investopedia
Customer retention External links:
Customer Retention Department | Verizon Community
Customer retention | Verizon Community
ServiceCheck customer retention and quality control …
Customer satisfaction External links:
Dollar General Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
FoodMaxx Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Wawa Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Data warehouse External links:
Title Data Warehouse Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Condition Categories – Chronic Conditions Data Warehouse
Amazon Redshift – Data Warehouse Solution – AWS
End user External links:
[PDF]H&R Block® Desktop Tax Software End User License …
UI updates for Intune end user apps | Microsoft Docs
[PDF]AP-197 Dyed Diesel Fuel End User Signed Statement …
Enterprise feedback management External links:
Enterprise Feedback Management – Shopmetrics
Enterprise Feedback Management Platform | Inquisium
Enterprise Feedback Management | SurveyMonkey
Human resources External links:
Careers | Human Resources
Human Resources Job Titles | Enlighten Jobs
Title Human Resources HR Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Information privacy External links:
What is Information Privacy? – Definition from Techopedia
Information Privacy | Citizens Bank
Information technology External links:
Student Email | Information Technology
Information Technology Program – capella.edu
http://Ad · www.capella.edu/IT-Program/Info-Technology
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Marketing External links:
Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Gordon Marketing – Official Site
Software as a service External links:
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach
Software as a Service (SaaS) | Oracle
SaaS: Software as a Service – Salesforce
Spreadsheet External links:
How to Put a Title on an Excel Spreadsheet | Chron.com
untitled spreadsheet @ Eredar – Community – World of Warcraft
Untitled Spreadsheet – Yumpu