What is involved in synchronous communications
Find out what the related areas are that synchronous communications connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a synchronous communications thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its synchronous communications journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward synchronous communications leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which synchronous communications related domains to cover and 101 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
synchronous communications, Binary Synchronous Communications, Access methods, Asynchronous communication, Bit stuffing, Character stuffing, Check sum, Cyclic redundancy check, Digital Data Communications Message Protocol, Frame synchronization, Free On-line Dictionary of Computing, GNU Free Documentation License, Hamming distance, IBM 1130, IBM 270x, IBM 2780, IBM 2780/3780, IBM 2922, IBM 3270, IBM 3780, IBM System/370, International Business Machines, Internet Protocol, Link protocol, Longitudinal redundancy check, Mainframe computer, Mohawk Data Sciences, Negative-acknowledge character, Parity bit, Point-to-Point Protocol, Remote Job Entry, Sync word, Synchronous transmit-receive, Systems Network Architecture, Telecommunications Access Method, Teleprocessing monitor:
synchronous communications Critical Criteria:
Jump start synchronous communications engagements and do something to it.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the synchronous communications requirements in detail?
– What vendors make products that address the synchronous communications needs?
– How can you measure synchronous communications in a systematic way?
Binary Synchronous Communications Critical Criteria:
Chat re Binary Synchronous Communications tactics and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Binary Synchronous Communications.
– What is the source of the strategies for synchronous communications strengthening and reform?
– Why are synchronous communications skills important?
Access methods Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Access methods adoptions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Access methods.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its synchronous communications processes?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of synchronous communications?
Asynchronous communication Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Asynchronous communication management and report on setting up Asynchronous communication without losing ground.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your synchronous communications project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing synchronous communications? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Think of your synchronous communications project. what are the main functions?
Bit stuffing Critical Criteria:
Debate over Bit stuffing results and look at it backwards.
– How do your measurements capture actionable synchronous communications information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding synchronous communications?
– How can the value of synchronous communications be defined?
Character stuffing Critical Criteria:
Study Character stuffing adoptions and prioritize challenges of Character stuffing.
– Can we do synchronous communications without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Have all basic functions of synchronous communications been defined?
– How to Secure synchronous communications?
Check sum Critical Criteria:
Boost Check sum governance and revise understanding of Check sum architectures.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good synchronous communications project manager?
– How can skill-level changes improve synchronous communications?
– What are our synchronous communications Processes?
Cyclic redundancy check Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Cyclic redundancy check planning and handle a jump-start course to Cyclic redundancy check.
– What are current synchronous communications Paradigms?
– How can we improve synchronous communications?
Digital Data Communications Message Protocol Critical Criteria:
Focus on Digital Data Communications Message Protocol governance and overcome Digital Data Communications Message Protocol skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a synchronous communications project?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving synchronous communications forward?
Frame synchronization Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Frame synchronization outcomes and describe which business rules are needed as Frame synchronization interface.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if synchronous communications does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How likely is the current synchronous communications plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Who sets the synchronous communications standards?
Free On-line Dictionary of Computing Critical Criteria:
Reason over Free On-line Dictionary of Computing goals and point out Free On-line Dictionary of Computing tensions in leadership.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these synchronous communications processes?
– What management system can we use to leverage the synchronous communications experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
GNU Free Documentation License Critical Criteria:
Judge GNU Free Documentation License outcomes and differentiate in coordinating GNU Free Documentation License.
– What are our best practices for minimizing synchronous communications project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the synchronous communications project lifecycle?
– Consider your own synchronous communications project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How important is synchronous communications to the user organizations mission?
Hamming distance Critical Criteria:
Check Hamming distance leadership and observe effective Hamming distance.
– Is there a synchronous communications Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Have you identified your synchronous communications key performance indicators?
– What are the short and long-term synchronous communications goals?
IBM 1130 Critical Criteria:
Categorize IBM 1130 tactics and research ways can we become the IBM 1130 company that would put us out of business.
– What are the disruptive synchronous communications technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
IBM 270x Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on IBM 270x issues and oversee IBM 270x requirements.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective synchronous communications leader?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as synchronous communications leaders?
IBM 2780 Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about IBM 2780 visions and probe the present value of growth of IBM 2780.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for synchronous communications strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do we manage synchronous communications Knowledge Management (KM)?
IBM 2780/3780 Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for IBM 2780/3780 engagements and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential IBM 2780/3780 information.
– Will synchronous communications deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Is a synchronous communications Team Work effort in place?
IBM 2922 Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about IBM 2922 adoptions and plan concise IBM 2922 education.
– Does synchronous communications appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Is synchronous communications Required?
IBM 3270 Critical Criteria:
Mix IBM 3270 decisions and adopt an insight outlook.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations synchronous communications values?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing synchronous communications?
– What will drive synchronous communications change?
IBM 3780 Critical Criteria:
Study IBM 3780 planning and perfect IBM 3780 conflict management.
– Which synchronous communications goals are the most important?
– What are internal and external synchronous communications relations?
IBM System/370 Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on IBM System/370 issues and integrate design thinking in IBM System/370 innovation.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of synchronous communications into the services that we provide?
International Business Machines Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re International Business Machines projects and describe which business rules are needed as International Business Machines interface.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our synchronous communications agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are the Key enablers to make this synchronous communications move?
Internet Protocol Critical Criteria:
Merge Internet Protocol tasks and look at it backwards.
– How do we Identify specific synchronous communications investment and emerging trends?
– Is Internet Protocol security (IPSec) support available?
Link protocol Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Link protocol engagements and look in other fields.
– Does synchronous communications analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Longitudinal redundancy check Critical Criteria:
Pilot Longitudinal redundancy check governance and figure out ways to motivate other Longitudinal redundancy check users.
– When a synchronous communications manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Mainframe computer Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Mainframe computer quality and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Mainframe computer services.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent synchronous communications services/products?
– What is our formula for success in synchronous communications ?
Mohawk Data Sciences Critical Criteria:
Review Mohawk Data Sciences visions and intervene in Mohawk Data Sciences processes and leadership.
– How can you negotiate synchronous communications successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How will you measure your synchronous communications effectiveness?
Negative-acknowledge character Critical Criteria:
Analyze Negative-acknowledge character quality and drive action.
– Can we add value to the current synchronous communications decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom synchronous communications project?
– Who will provide the final approval of synchronous communications deliverables?
Parity bit Critical Criteria:
Drive Parity bit issues and gather practices for scaling Parity bit.
– Think about the functions involved in your synchronous communications project. what processes flow from these functions?
Point-to-Point Protocol Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Point-to-Point Protocol failures and cater for concise Point-to-Point Protocol education.
– Is maximizing synchronous communications protection the same as minimizing synchronous communications loss?
– What are the long-term synchronous communications goals?
Remote Job Entry Critical Criteria:
Design Remote Job Entry engagements and oversee Remote Job Entry requirements.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your synchronous communications activities?
Sync word Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Sync word issues and acquire concise Sync word education.
– What potential environmental factors impact the synchronous communications effort?
Synchronous transmit-receive Critical Criteria:
Check Synchronous transmit-receive governance and sort Synchronous transmit-receive activities.
– Are there recognized synchronous communications problems?
Systems Network Architecture Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Systems Network Architecture outcomes and change contexts.
– What about synchronous communications Analysis of results?
– What is Effective synchronous communications?
Telecommunications Access Method Critical Criteria:
Debate over Telecommunications Access Method outcomes and learn.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a synchronous communications project?
– What is the purpose of synchronous communications in relation to the mission?
Teleprocessing monitor Critical Criteria:
Value Teleprocessing monitor tactics and find out what it really means.
– What are the Essentials of Internal synchronous communications Management?
– What threat is synchronous communications addressing?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the synchronous communications Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
synchronous communications External links:
Synchronous Communications and Timing Configurations …
Binary Synchronous Communications External links:
Binary Synchronous Communications
http://Binary Synchronous Communication (BSC or Bisync) is an IBM character-oriented, half-duplex link protocol, announced in 1967 after the introduction of System/360. It replaced the synchronous transmit-receive (STR) protocol used with second generation computers. The intent was that common link management rules could be used with three different character encodings for messages.
Binary Synchronous Communications images on Photobucket
http://photobucket.com/images/binary synchronous communications#!
BISYNC (Binary Synchronous Communications) …
Access methods External links:
Netbriefings System Checkout for the Different Access Methods
Access Methods – Switch Access and Scanning …
[PDF]Financial data access methods
Asynchronous communication External links:
Synchronous and Asynchronous Communication Tools …
What is an example of asynchronous communication – …
[PDF]Assessing Online Asynchronous Communication …
Bit stuffing External links:
Byte and Bit Stuffing – YouTube
What is Bit Stuffing? Webopedia Definition
can bus – Bit stuffing in CAN-BUS – Stack Overflow
Character stuffing External links:
Character Stuffing | Computer Network | Bit
Historical Character Stuffing – TV Tropes
Cyclic redundancy check External links:
CSRC – Glossary – Cyclic Redundancy Check
KB1197: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
Backup job fails with client error: “Data error (cyclic redundancy check) Failed to write data to the file ‘filename’.”
Digital Data Communications Message Protocol External links:
Digital Data Communications Message Protocol – …
[PDF]Digital Data Communications Message Protocol …
DDCMP – Digital Data Communications Message Protocol
Frame synchronization External links:
FRAME SYNCHRONIZATION IN DIGITAL BURST TELECOMMAND …
Frame synchronization – Racal Data Communications Inc.
“Frame Synchronization Techniques for iNET …
Free On-line Dictionary of Computing External links:
Free On-line Dictionary of Computing from FOLDOC
Free On-line Dictionary of Computing – WOW.com
FOLDOC Free On-line Dictionary of Computing · …
GNU Free Documentation License External links:
CiteSeerX — entitled “GNU Free Documentation License”.
GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL) – Open …
GNU Free Documentation License (FDL) – Space and …
Hamming distance External links:
Get Hamming Distance – Microsoft Store
Hamming Distance – LeetCode
Total Hamming Distance – LeetCode
IBM 1130 External links:
IBM 1130 | Article about IBM 1130 by The Free Dictionary
IBM 1130 – Columbia University
IBM Archives: The IBM 1130 computing system
IBM 2780 External links:
IBM 2780 controller card battery replacement 42R8305 …
IBM 2780 PCIx Ultra4 Raid Disk Controller Card 39J5057
http://www.amazon.com › … › I/O Port Cards › SCSI Port Cards
IBM 2780/3780 External links:
IBM 2780/3780 | Article about IBM 2780/3780 by The …
IBM 2780/3780 – inahundredwords.com
ibm 2780/3780, russell, jesse comprar el libro – …
IBM 3270 External links:
Ibm 3270 – FREE download Ibm 3270
IBM 3270 Terminal Applications Suite – Freecode
IBM 3270 Information Display System 3271 Control …
IBM System/370 External links:
IBM System/370 Model 158 | 102646258 | Computer History …
IBM System/370 – Infogalactic: the planetary …
The IBM System/370 (S/370) was a model range of IBM mainframe computers announced on June 30, 1970 as the successors to …
http://IBM System/370 Model 155 CLI V1.0.
International Business Machines External links:
International Business Machines Corp. Stock Still is …
International Business Machines Corporation Common …
International Business Machines Corporation – IBM – …
Internet Protocol External links:
IPv6: Internet Protocol Version 6 – AT&T Support
[PDF]EIS Service Guide: Internet Protocol Voice Service …
VoIP Calling | How Voice Over Internet Protocol Works
Link protocol External links:
Radio Link Protocol – How is Radio Link Protocol …
TI Link Protocol & File Format Guide v1.4 – ticalc.org
[PDF]Data Link Protocols – Computer Science
Longitudinal redundancy check External links:
Longitudinal Redundancy Check (LRC) calculator for a …
LRC (longitudinal redundancy check) – Gartner IT Glossary
How can I calculate Longitudinal Redundancy Check (LRC)?
Mainframe computer External links:
Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
What is the name of the first mainframe computer? A) …
Mohawk Data Sciences External links:
MOHAWK DATA SCIENCES CORP. – Bizapedia.com
Mohawk Data Sciences Corp – ASAP NSN Parts
MOHAWK DATA SCIENCES CORP | 63 Mich. App. 102 …
Parity bit External links:
How to calculate the parity bit of the following bit …
Parity Bit | Definition of Parity Bit by Merriam-Webster
Parity bit checking? – Quora – A place to share …
Point-to-Point Protocol External links:
Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) – Cisco
Configure Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
Remote Job Entry External links:
Conversational Remote Job Entry – How is …
Using the Remote Job Entry System | OpenSky …
OBM – IT abbreviation – RJE-Remote Job Entry – YouTube
Sync word External links:
Loss of Sync Word – How is Loss of Sync Word …
Systems Network Architecture External links:
Systems Network Architecture – How is Systems …
Systems Network Architecture (SNA) Salary | PayScale
http://www.payscale.com › United States › Skill/Specialty
What is Systems Network Architecture (SNA)? – …