What is involved in Presales
Find out what the related areas are that Presales connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Presales thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Presales journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Presales leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Presales related domains to cover and 109 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Presales, Account-based marketing, Behavioral targeting, Brand ambassador, Brand licensing, Brand management, Corporate anniversary, Corporate identity, Corporate propaganda, Digital marketing, Direct marketing, Display advertising, Drip marketing, Loyalty marketing, Market segmentation, Marketing activation, Marketing effectiveness, Marketing ethics, Marketing management, Marketing operations, Marketing research, Marketing strategy, Mobile advertising, Mobile marketing, Music on hold, Native advertising, New media, Online advertising, Out-of-home advertising, Personal selling, Point of sale, Product demonstration, Product marketing, Product placement, Promotional merchandise, Proof of concept, Sales promotion, Sex in advertising, Social marketing, Underwriting spot, Visual merchandising, Web banner, Willingness to pay, Word-of-mouth marketing:
Presales Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Presales visions and pioneer acquisition of Presales systems.
– Is there any existing Presales governance structure?
– Which Presales goals are the most important?
Account-based marketing Critical Criteria:
Scan Account-based marketing risks and describe which business rules are needed as Account-based marketing interface.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Presales in a volatile global economy?
– Is the Presales organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the usability implications of Presales actions?
Behavioral targeting Critical Criteria:
Generalize Behavioral targeting engagements and optimize Behavioral targeting leadership as a key to advancement.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Presales workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Presales activities?
– How do we go about Comparing Presales approaches/solutions?
Brand ambassador Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Brand ambassador management and secure Brand ambassador creativity.
– What are the key elements of your Presales performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Does our organization need more Presales education?
Brand licensing Critical Criteria:
Check Brand licensing tactics and sort Brand licensing activities.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Presales goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Does Presales create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How can skill-level changes improve Presales?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Grade Brand management goals and explore and align the progress in Brand management.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Presales processes?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Presales experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What threat is Presales addressing?
Corporate anniversary Critical Criteria:
Grade Corporate anniversary visions and correct Corporate anniversary management by competencies.
– Is there a Presales Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How likely is the current Presales plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How do we Lead with Presales in Mind?
Corporate identity Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Corporate identity tactics and arbitrate Corporate identity techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Presales agendas for the next 3 years?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Presales project?
– Will Presales deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Corporate propaganda Critical Criteria:
Add value to Corporate propaganda results and report on setting up Corporate propaganda without losing ground.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Presales strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Who needs to know about Presales ?
Digital marketing Critical Criteria:
Rank Digital marketing planning and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Digital marketing.
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– What is the purpose of Presales in relation to the mission?
– Are accountability and ownership for Presales clearly defined?
– Is Presales Required?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Frame Direct marketing risks and achieve a single Direct marketing view and bringing data together.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Presales, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do we Identify specific Presales investment and emerging trends?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
Discourse Display advertising planning and attract Display advertising skills.
– Can we add value to the current Presales decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are our Presales Processes?
Drip marketing Critical Criteria:
Canvass Drip marketing management and shift your focus.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Presales models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are our needs in relation to Presales skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Loyalty marketing Critical Criteria:
Canvass Loyalty marketing strategies and catalog Loyalty marketing activities.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Presales delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Presales with what users do day-to-day?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Market segmentation results and forecast involvement of future Market segmentation projects in development.
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– Among the Presales product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Marketing activation Critical Criteria:
Judge Marketing activation goals and find answers.
– How can you negotiate Presales successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are the barriers to increased Presales production?
Marketing effectiveness Critical Criteria:
Check Marketing effectiveness adoptions and correct better engagement with Marketing effectiveness results.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Presales into the services that we provide?
– To what extent does management recognize Presales as a tool to increase the results?
– Who will provide the final approval of Presales deliverables?
Marketing ethics Critical Criteria:
Dissect Marketing ethics decisions and observe effective Marketing ethics.
– For your Presales project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Are there Presales Models?
Marketing management Critical Criteria:
Trace Marketing management failures and remodel and develop an effective Marketing management strategy.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Presales?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Think about Marketing operations leadership and innovate what needs to be done with Marketing operations.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Presales ?
Marketing research Critical Criteria:
Analyze Marketing research adoptions and devise Marketing research key steps.
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
– What are specific Presales Rules to follow?
Marketing strategy Critical Criteria:
Confer re Marketing strategy planning and transcribe Marketing strategy as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How does our company use its web-site for Customer Service and / or customer relationship building?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep our products at the forefront?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep the product at the forefront?
– What is our Increasing importance of integrated marketing communications … why?
– What are the parts of a marketing strategy?
– What about Presales Analysis of results?
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Guard Mobile advertising issues and change contexts.
– Do Presales rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
Focus on Mobile marketing engagements and describe which business rules are needed as Mobile marketing interface.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Presales moving forward?
Music on hold Critical Criteria:
Canvass Music on hold risks and correct Music on hold management by competencies.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Presales objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we manage Presales Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is a Presales Team Work effort in place?
Native advertising Critical Criteria:
Confer re Native advertising tactics and define Native advertising competency-based leadership.
– Is Supporting Presales documentation required?
– How is the value delivered by Presales being measured?
New media Critical Criteria:
Administer New media governance and assess and formulate effective operational and New media strategies.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Presales? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Presales is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Learn from Online advertising visions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Online advertising projects.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Presales project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Presales products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Out-of-home advertising Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Out-of-home advertising governance and balance specific methods for improving Out-of-home advertising results.
– Do we monitor the Presales decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Personal selling Critical Criteria:
Grasp Personal selling engagements and grade techniques for implementing Personal selling controls.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Presales does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
– Is the scope of Presales defined?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Own Point of sale risks and probe Point of sale strategic alliances.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Presales opportunities costing us money?
Product demonstration Critical Criteria:
Guide Product demonstration engagements and look in other fields.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Presales. How do we gain traction?
– When a Presales manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is Presales dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Product marketing Critical Criteria:
See the value of Product marketing planning and define what do we need to start doing with Product marketing.
– what is the best design framework for Presales organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Product placement Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Product placement projects and integrate design thinking in Product placement innovation.
Promotional merchandise Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Promotional merchandise issues and slay a dragon.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Presales strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do we know that any Presales analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Proof of concept Critical Criteria:
Match Proof of concept decisions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Proof of concept services.
– Consider your own Presales project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Will a proof of concept support and create awareness of the power of the AWS cloud within the organization?
– What is explored during the proof of concept phase for cloud adoption?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Presales?
– Which applications can I immediately move after a proof of concept?
– What should a proof of concept or pilot accomplish?
Sales promotion Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Sales promotion visions and research ways can we become the Sales promotion company that would put us out of business.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Presales process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Presales process available?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Presales move?
– What is our Presales Strategy?
Sex in advertising Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Sex in advertising adoptions and raise human resource and employment practices for Sex in advertising.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Presales services/products?
Social marketing Critical Criteria:
Frame Social marketing visions and intervene in Social marketing processes and leadership.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Presales forward?
– How to deal with Presales Changes?
Underwriting spot Critical Criteria:
Generalize Underwriting spot decisions and adjust implementation of Underwriting spot.
– How can you measure Presales in a systematic way?
Visual merchandising Critical Criteria:
Value Visual merchandising tasks and point out Visual merchandising tensions in leadership.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Presales project manager?
Web banner Critical Criteria:
Align Web banner risks and plan concise Web banner education.
Willingness to pay Critical Criteria:
Understand Willingness to pay governance and find answers.
– What willingness to pay may be expected in the marketplace?
– Are assumptions made in Presales stated explicitly?
Word-of-mouth marketing Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Word-of-mouth marketing outcomes and drive action.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Presales processes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Presales Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Presales External links:
Hockey Card Presales | Steel City Collectibles
Concert Ticket Presales – Citi Cardmember Offers
Ticketmaster.com – FAQ | How do presales work?
Account-based marketing External links:
Industry-Leading Account-Based Marketing Software – …
Account-Based Marketing – Demandbase | ABM …
Account-Based Marketing – An Overview & Resources
Behavioral targeting External links:
What Is Behavioral Targeting? – CBS News
Concern Rises Over Behavioral Targeting and Ads – The …
[PDF]The Value of Behavioral Targeting
Brand ambassador External links:
What Does It Mean to Be a Good Brand Ambassador?
Brand Ambassador and Campus Rep Programs
CrewFire – Brand Ambassador Management Software
Brand licensing External links:
What are the best examples of brand licensing? – Quora
Brand Licensing | Meredith
Brand Licensing | Whirlpool Corporation
Brand management External links:
BlueSky ETO – Brand Management Software Customized …
Our Brand Management Solution – MarketNow – …
Atlanta, GA Marketing and Brand Management – Vehicle Media
Corporate anniversary External links:
Ten 10 Year Corporate Anniversary Gifts for Employees
Corporate Anniversary Gifts – The History Factory
Corporate Anniversary Gifts & Recognition Program …
Corporate identity External links:
Ci Concept – Corporate Identity Solutions
Corporate Identity, Inc Promotional Products
Corporate propaganda External links:
ERIC – Project Learning Tree (Corporate Propaganda …
Digital marketing External links:
What is Digital Marketing? | mobileStorm
Detroit – Digital Marketing Conference | September 11-13, …
Direct marketing External links:
Direct Mail Company | Direct Marketing Company
Direct Marketing – Investopedia
Boomerang Direct Marketing – Home
Display advertising External links:
Google Display Ads & Display Advertising | Google AdWords
Display Advertising: Expedia Media Solutions
Display Advertising – Amazon Advertising
Drip marketing External links:
Drip Marketing | Kramer Direct
3 Principals For Successful Drip Marketing Campaigns
Drip Email Campaign | Drip Marketing Campaign
Loyalty marketing External links:
Clutch Loyalty Marketing | Solutions & Strategy
Welcome to Fiserv Card Loyalty Marketing
COLLOQUY | Loyalty Marketing & CX
Market segmentation External links:
Market Segmentation Theory Definition – investopedia.com
Market Segmentation – NetMBA Business Knowledge …
Market Segmentation – Investopedia
Marketing activation External links:
Marketing Activation Manager | IllinoisJobLink.com
Marketing effectiveness External links:
Marketing Analytics Consulting | Marketing Effectiveness
Marketing Effectiveness Measurement | Marketing …
Marketing operations External links:
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
What is Marketing Operations? | Centric
Marketing research External links:
Peters Marketing Research, Inc.
Participate in Paid Studies – AOC Marketing Research
CMI Marketing Research
Marketing strategy External links:
5 New Tactics for Your 2016 Tourism Marketing Strategy
Marketing Strategy Definition | Investopedia
Every social media marketing strategy to grow your …
Mobile advertising External links:
Propel Media | Video, Display and Mobile Advertising
Cable TV Advertising, Online and Mobile Advertising | Viamedia
Mobile marketing External links:
1Q | Instant Mobile Marketing / Market Research
SimplifiedSMS – Web-based SMS Mobile Marketing and …
Mobile Marketing Made EZ – EZ Texting
Music on hold External links:
Music On Hold Messages | Professional Voicemail Greeting
Setting Up Music On Hold – Cox Communications
Music on Hold | Cox Communications
Native advertising External links:
MGID: Native Advertising Marketplace
The Future Of Native Advertising for Brands and Publishers
Ampush | Native Advertising Solution
New media External links:
Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media
Homepage // Centerline New Media
What is new media? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Personal selling External links:
Chapter 20 Personal Selling and Sales Management, …
Personal Selling & Merchandising | tutor2u Business
Personal selling (chp 9) Flashcards | Quizlet
Point of sale External links:
GoAntiquing! Point of Sale
Point of Sale Software & Solutions | NCR Counterpoint
Paladin Point of Sale Homepage – Paladin Point of Sale
Product demonstration External links:
Request A Demo | Product Demonstration – Meditab
iSolved Product Demonstration
Product Demonstration Videos | Kolbe Windows & Doors
Product marketing External links:
Product Marketing Proposal Template – Get Free Sample
Product Marketing tips and strategies from Launch Grow Joy
Product Marketing – Gap Inc.
Product placement External links:
13 Classic Examples of Product Placement – HubSpot Blog
Product Placement Blog
For Product Placement Marketing, It’s All About the Moolah
Promotional merchandise External links:
Promotional Merchandise – Bags, Apparel, Gifts & More
http://Ad · promo.vistaprint.com/Promo-Products/Merchandise
Promotional Merchandise | Socks | Headbands | Wristbands
Promotional Merchandise – Bags, Apparel, Gifts & More
http://Ad · promo.vistaprint.com/Promo-Products/Merchandise
Proof of concept External links:
Guidance for Proof of Concept Pilot | National Archives
Sales promotion External links:
Levitra Sales Promotion | DXSpharmacy
Unit 12: Public Relations, Sales Promotion, & Personal …
Sales Promotion Flashcards | Quizlet
Sex in advertising External links:
Examples of sex in advertising for debate – YouTube
Sex in Advertising | AdAge Encyclopedia of Advertising – …
Social marketing External links:
Real Estate Social Marketing| Shareable Social
SEO Company, Experts in Paid Media, PR & Social Marketing
USF Social Marketing Conference – Official Site
Underwriting spot External links:
An underwriting spot is an announcement made on public broadcasting outlets, especially in the United States, in exchange for funding.
http://Commercial Automobile Remains Sore Spot in P/C: A.M. Best
Visual merchandising External links:
Store Fixtures | Retail Displays for Visual Merchandising
Visual Merchandising: How to Display Products In Your Store
Web banner External links:
LSBA Web Banner Website Link – Gilsbar > Home
iKomee – Banner Maker | Free Online Web Banner Design
Web Banner Templates – Canva
Willingness to pay External links:
Consumers’ willingness to pay depends on what income …
Word-of-mouth marketing External links:
Measuring Offline Vs. Online Word-of-Mouth Marketing
5 Ways to Maximize Word-of-Mouth Marketing – Entrepreneur