What is involved in Reconfigurable computing
Find out what the related areas are that Reconfigurable computing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Reconfigurable computing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Reconfigurable computing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Reconfigurable computing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Reconfigurable computing related domains to cover and 111 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Reconfigurable computing, The Journal of Supercomputing, Forte Design Systems, System on a chip, Mentor Graphics, Altera Quartus, Arithmetic logic unit, High-performance reconfigurable computing, National Instruments, Field programmable gate array, SciEngines GmbH, Lattice Semiconductor, Address Resolution Protocol, Multi-core processor, Logic block, Unified Power Format, PubMed Central, Glossary of reconfigurable computing, Virage Logic, Circuit underutilization, Cypress Semiconductor, Programmable logic device, Reconfigurable datapath array, Computing with Memory, Advanced Micro Devices, Electronic hardware, C to HDL, IBM POWER microprocessors, Flow to HDL, Nios II, ILAND project, Reconfigurable computing, High-performance computing, Application-specific integrated circuit:
Reconfigurable computing Critical Criteria:
Examine Reconfigurable computing risks and mentor Reconfigurable computing customer orientation.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Reconfigurable computing is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Reconfigurable computing services/products?
– How do we Identify specific Reconfigurable computing investment and emerging trends?
The Journal of Supercomputing Critical Criteria:
Drive The Journal of Supercomputing quality and adopt an insight outlook.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Reconfigurable computing models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Does Reconfigurable computing analysis show the relationships among important Reconfigurable computing factors?
– How do we Lead with Reconfigurable computing in Mind?
Forte Design Systems Critical Criteria:
Grade Forte Design Systems leadership and explore and align the progress in Forte Design Systems.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Reconfigurable computing is underway?
– How would one define Reconfigurable computing leadership?
System on a chip Critical Criteria:
Confer re System on a chip planning and find answers.
– How is the iPod able to do one of the tasks I normally need a whole desktop PC to perform, in such a tiny amount of space and with such low power consumption?
– CAD and Design Tools for On-Chip Networks: What CAD tools are needed to design on-chip networks and to design systems using on-chip networks?
– Higher-level entry forms are ideally needed, perhaps schedulling within a thread at compile-time and between threads at run time ?
– Another common question that needs checking is sequential equivalence. Do a pair of designs follow the same state trajectory ?
– How can we ensuse this in a technology-neutral model that does not have any specific numerical delays ?
– Transactions may execute in a different sequence from reality: sequential consistency compromised ?
– Other standard payloads (e.g. 802.3 frame or audio sample) might be expected ?
– Does it exactly prescribe all allowable, observable behaviours ?
– From which edge of the clock is data propagated to the output?
– Optimising schedules in terms of memory port and ALU uses ?
– Are we interested for all input combinations?
– Scalability, are tools limited in practice?
– Why a System-on-a-Chip Audio Encoder?
– What is our Reconfigurable computing Strategy?
– Zeno: Tortoise and Achilles ?
– Can division be bit-blasted ?
– Should be soft IP or hard IP?
– More than one clock?
– What is a Platform?
– What is a SoC?
Mentor Graphics Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Mentor Graphics governance and handle a jump-start course to Mentor Graphics.
– In what ways are Reconfigurable computing vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are specific Reconfigurable computing Rules to follow?
– Are there recognized Reconfigurable computing problems?
Altera Quartus Critical Criteria:
Derive from Altera Quartus tasks and probe Altera Quartus strategic alliances.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Reconfigurable computing project manager?
– What vendors make products that address the Reconfigurable computing needs?
– Why should we adopt a Reconfigurable computing framework?
Arithmetic logic unit Critical Criteria:
Participate in Arithmetic logic unit quality and separate what are the business goals Arithmetic logic unit is aiming to achieve.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Reconfigurable computing project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
High-performance reconfigurable computing Critical Criteria:
Own High-performance reconfigurable computing planning and transcribe High-performance reconfigurable computing as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Reconfigurable computing objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How is the value delivered by Reconfigurable computing being measured?
National Instruments Critical Criteria:
Mix National Instruments decisions and give examples utilizing a core of simple National Instruments skills.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Reconfigurable computing requirements in detail?
– What are current Reconfigurable computing Paradigms?
Field programmable gate array Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Field programmable gate array failures and do something to it.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Reconfigurable computing activities?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Reconfigurable computing?
– Are there Reconfigurable computing Models?
SciEngines GmbH Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about SciEngines GmbH tactics and clarify ways to gain access to competitive SciEngines GmbH services.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Reconfigurable computing process?
Lattice Semiconductor Critical Criteria:
Scan Lattice Semiconductor management and probe Lattice Semiconductor strategic alliances.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Reconfigurable computing been identified and analyzed?
– How do we Improve Reconfigurable computing service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we go about Comparing Reconfigurable computing approaches/solutions?
Address Resolution Protocol Critical Criteria:
Investigate Address Resolution Protocol tactics and document what potential Address Resolution Protocol megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– For your Reconfigurable computing project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What is the purpose of Reconfigurable computing in relation to the mission?
Multi-core processor Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Multi-core processor risks and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Multi-core processor information.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Reconfigurable computing, including any consulting or professional services?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Reconfigurable computing moving forward?
– How will you measure your Reconfigurable computing effectiveness?
Logic block Critical Criteria:
Guide Logic block risks and reduce Logic block costs.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Reconfigurable computing processes?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Reconfigurable computing leaders?
– What is our formula for success in Reconfigurable computing ?
Unified Power Format Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Unified Power Format engagements and separate what are the business goals Unified Power Format is aiming to achieve.
– Among the Reconfigurable computing product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
PubMed Central Critical Criteria:
Participate in PubMed Central results and ask questions.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Reconfigurable computing ?
– How do we maintain Reconfigurable computings Integrity?
Glossary of reconfigurable computing Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Glossary of reconfigurable computing tactics and cater for concise Glossary of reconfigurable computing education.
– Who will provide the final approval of Reconfigurable computing deliverables?
– Is Reconfigurable computing Required?
Virage Logic Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Virage Logic adoptions and differentiate in coordinating Virage Logic.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Reconfigurable computing strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Which Reconfigurable computing goals are the most important?
– Are we Assessing Reconfigurable computing and Risk?
Circuit underutilization Critical Criteria:
Systematize Circuit underutilization strategies and assess what counts with Circuit underutilization that we are not counting.
– What are the short and long-term Reconfigurable computing goals?
– What are the long-term Reconfigurable computing goals?
– How can we improve Reconfigurable computing?
Cypress Semiconductor Critical Criteria:
Audit Cypress Semiconductor governance and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Cypress Semiconductor.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Reconfigurable computing project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Reconfigurable computing project lifecycle?
– Does our organization need more Reconfigurable computing education?
Programmable logic device Critical Criteria:
Focus on Programmable logic device goals and define Programmable logic device competency-based leadership.
– In a project to restructure Reconfigurable computing outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Reconfigurable computing objectives?
– What threat is Reconfigurable computing addressing?
Reconfigurable datapath array Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Reconfigurable datapath array leadership and raise human resource and employment practices for Reconfigurable datapath array.
– Is Reconfigurable computing Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Computing with Memory Critical Criteria:
Study Computing with Memory leadership and define Computing with Memory competency-based leadership.
– What are all of our Reconfigurable computing domains and what do they do?
– Why are Reconfigurable computing skills important?
Advanced Micro Devices Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Advanced Micro Devices decisions and summarize a clear Advanced Micro Devices focus.
– How can skill-level changes improve Reconfigurable computing?
Electronic hardware Critical Criteria:
Frame Electronic hardware results and overcome Electronic hardware skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Think about the people you identified for your Reconfigurable computing project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Does Reconfigurable computing appropriately measure and monitor risk?
C to HDL Critical Criteria:
Jump start C to HDL issues and define what our big hairy audacious C to HDL goal is.
– Do the Reconfigurable computing decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
IBM POWER microprocessors Critical Criteria:
Study IBM POWER microprocessors tactics and devise IBM POWER microprocessors key steps.
– Do those selected for the Reconfigurable computing team have a good general understanding of what Reconfigurable computing is all about?
– Can we do Reconfigurable computing without complex (expensive) analysis?
Flow to HDL Critical Criteria:
Map Flow to HDL failures and catalog what business benefits will Flow to HDL goals deliver if achieved.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Reconfigurable computing workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Is there a Reconfigurable computing Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Nios II Critical Criteria:
Rank Nios II planning and oversee implementation of Nios II.
– Do we all define Reconfigurable computing in the same way?
– What are our Reconfigurable computing Processes?
ILAND project Critical Criteria:
Rank ILAND project issues and define what do we need to start doing with ILAND project.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Reconfigurable computing products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Reconfigurable computing Critical Criteria:
Survey Reconfigurable computing leadership and do something to it.
– What is the source of the strategies for Reconfigurable computing strengthening and reform?
– How do we go about Securing Reconfigurable computing?
High-performance computing Critical Criteria:
Substantiate High-performance computing leadership and learn.
– In the case of a Reconfigurable computing project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Reconfigurable computing project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Reconfigurable computing project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
Application-specific integrated circuit Critical Criteria:
Mine Application-specific integrated circuit visions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Application-specific integrated circuit skills.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Reconfigurable computing information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Reconfigurable computing effort?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Reconfigurable computing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Reconfigurable computing External links:
Reconfigurable Computing Systems • ELO Online …
The Journal of Supercomputing External links:
The Journal of Supercomputing – Springer
The Journal of Supercomputing – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/The Journal of Supercomputing
The Journal of Supercomputing – Association for …
Forte Design Systems External links:
Forte Design Systems | Crunchbase
Forte Design Systems – Home | Facebook
Mentor Graphics External links:
Table title editing | Mentor Graphics Communities
Nourish Cafe at Mentor Graphics – Fremont, CA
Mentor Graphics Time Tracker
Altera Quartus External links:
[DOC]Altera Quartus II – Virginia Tech
[PDF]Altera Quartus II Software v13.1 – Subscription Edition …
[PDF]ALTERA QUARTUS II SOFTWARE
Arithmetic logic unit External links:
What is Arithmetic Logic Unit – Answers.com
[PDF]SN54/74LS181 4-BIT ARITHMETIC LOGIC UNIT
Arithmetic Logic Unit Flashcards | Quizlet
National Instruments External links:
Eurest at National Instruments – Austin, TX
Product Suggestion Center – National Instruments
LabVIEW – National Instruments
Field programmable gate array External links:
What is an FPGA? Field Programmable Gate Array
Lattice Semiconductor External links:
Lattice Semiconductor Corporation Common Stock …
Lattice Semiconductor Careers
Lattice Semiconductor Corp: NASDAQ:LSCC quotes & …
Address Resolution Protocol External links:
Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) Cache Functions
ARP – Address Resolution Protocol on Computer Networks
Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) Explained – YouTube
Unified Power Format External links:
Synopsys implements Unified Power Format | EE Times
Semiconductor Engineering .:. Unified Power Format
Unified Power Format | Computing | Technology
PubMed Central External links:
Need Images? Try PubMed Central | HSLS Update
MEDLINE, PubMed, and PMC (PubMed Central): How are …
PubMed Tutorial – Getting the Articles – PubMed Central
Glossary of reconfigurable computing External links:
Glossary of reconfigurable computing – …
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Glossary of reconfigurable computing
Virage Logic External links:
Update: Synopsys to buy Virage Logic for $315M | EE Times
Cypress Semiconductor External links:
[PDF]CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORP /DE/
solution | Cypress Semiconductor
Programmable logic device External links:
[PDF]MAX 7000 Programmable Logic Device Family Data …
Advanced Micro Devices External links:
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. – AMD – Stock Price Today – …
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.: NASDAQ:AMD quotes & …
Electronic hardware External links:
UNICORP Electronic Hardware Standoffs Handles …
Design Engineer, Electronic Hardware
Promptus – Handles and Electronic Hardware
C to HDL External links:
C to HDL – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Flow to HDL External links:
Flow to HDL – Revolvy
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Flow to HDL
Flow to HDL – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Nios II External links:
MAX 10 FPGA – Booting Nios II Processor (Part 1) – YouTube
111800888x – Embedded Sopc Design with Nios Ii …
CPUlator Nios II and ARMv7 Simulator
Reconfigurable computing External links:
Reconfigurable Computing Systems • ELO Online …
Application-specific integrated circuit External links:
An ASIC (application-specific integrated circuit) is a microchip designed for a special application, such as a particular kind of transmission protocol or a hand-held computer. You might contrast it with general integrated circuits, such as the microprocessor and the random access memory chips in your PC.