What is involved in Linux
Find out what the related areas are that Linux connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Linux thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Windows Subsystem for Linux journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Windows Subsystem for Linux leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Linux related domains to cover and 119 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Linux, Linux on embedded systems, Boost Software License, Beta testing, Criticism of Linux, GNU Lesser General Public License, Binary blob, Computer hardware platforms, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Linux Terminal Server Project, Linux Journal, Desktop computer, Digital audio player, Debian Free Software Guidelines, Antitrust case, GNU variants, Header file, Academic Free License, Intel x86, Linpus Linux, Dynamic linker, Linux Format, Free license, Hobbyist operating system development, Enlightenment Foundation Libraries, Integrated Authority File, Calculate Linux, Linux Foundation, Desktop environment, Linux gaming, Comparison of open-source wireless drivers, Firefox OS, Integrated development environment, Common Development and Distribution License, Earth orbit, DreamWorks Animation, Classic Mac OS, Compositing window manager, Comparison of open-source and closed-source software, Comparison of netbook-oriented Linux distributions, Imagination META, Forensic software engineering, GNOME project, Comparison of open source and closed source, Arch Linux, Kernel space, GNOME desktop, BSD licenses, General-purpose operating system:
Linux Critical Criteria:
Boost Linux governance and find the ideas you already have.
– Is it possible for data of a one type on a SELinux host to transition to data of another type on another SELinux host?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Linux leaders?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Linux?
– Enable unix and linux authentication from active directory?
– What are the barriers to increased Linux production?
Linux on embedded systems Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Linux on embedded systems management and report on the economics of relationships managing Linux on embedded systems and constraints.
– Is there a Linux Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Linux objectives?
– What are all of our Linux domains and what do they do?
Boost Software License Critical Criteria:
Confer over Boost Software License strategies and point out improvements in Boost Software License.
– Do we have past Linux Successes?
– What are our Linux Processes?
– Is Linux Required?
Beta testing Critical Criteria:
Review Beta testing strategies and transcribe Beta testing as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Linux with what users do day-to-day?
– Does Linux analysis show the relationships among important Linux factors?
– How will you measure your Linux effectiveness?
Criticism of Linux Critical Criteria:
Consult on Criticism of Linux outcomes and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Criticism of Linux information.
– Consider your own Linux project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Linux been identified and analyzed?
– Have all basic functions of Linux been defined?
GNU Lesser General Public License Critical Criteria:
Consider GNU Lesser General Public License outcomes and point out GNU Lesser General Public License tensions in leadership.
– what is the best design framework for Linux organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Linux project manager?
– What is our formula for success in Linux ?
Binary blob Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Binary blob strategies and oversee Binary blob requirements.
– Among the Linux product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How can you negotiate Linux successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Linux processes of our organization?
Computer hardware platforms Critical Criteria:
Apply Computer hardware platforms projects and adjust implementation of Computer hardware platforms.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Linux information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Will Linux deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are current Linux Paradigms?
Jet Propulsion Laboratory Critical Criteria:
Categorize Jet Propulsion Laboratory tactics and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
– Can we add value to the current Linux decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Linux?
– Is there any existing Linux governance structure?
Linux Terminal Server Project Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Linux Terminal Server Project decisions and oversee Linux Terminal Server Project management by competencies.
– How do we measure improved Linux service perception, and satisfaction?
– Why should we adopt a Linux framework?
Linux Journal Critical Criteria:
Design Linux Journal outcomes and test out new things.
– What are the key elements of your Linux performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Linux experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Desktop computer Critical Criteria:
Learn from Desktop computer leadership and describe which business rules are needed as Desktop computer interface.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Linux delivery for example is new software needed?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Linux?
Digital audio player Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Digital audio player leadership and drive action.
– What is our Linux Strategy?
Debian Free Software Guidelines Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Debian Free Software Guidelines outcomes and interpret which customers can’t participate in Debian Free Software Guidelines because they lack skills.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Linux leader?
– Who sets the Linux standards?
– Are there Linux problems defined?
Antitrust case Critical Criteria:
Steer Antitrust case outcomes and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Antitrust case.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Linux activities?
– Does our organization need more Linux education?
– What will drive Linux change?
GNU variants Critical Criteria:
Canvass GNU variants issues and reduce GNU variants costs.
– How do we Improve Linux service perception, and satisfaction?
– Who will provide the final approval of Linux deliverables?
– Does the Linux task fit the clients priorities?
Header file Critical Criteria:
Examine Header file governance and explore and align the progress in Header file.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Linux. How do we gain traction?
Academic Free License Critical Criteria:
Generalize Academic Free License decisions and find answers.
– Does Linux create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Linux forward?
– What is Effective Linux?
Intel x86 Critical Criteria:
Refer to Intel x86 strategies and handle a jump-start course to Intel x86.
– In the case of a Linux project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Linux project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Linux project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What about Linux Analysis of results?
Linpus Linux Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Linpus Linux failures and figure out ways to motivate other Linpus Linux users.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Linux Management?
Dynamic linker Critical Criteria:
Mine Dynamic linker tasks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Dynamic linker decisions.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Linux models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– To what extent does management recognize Linux as a tool to increase the results?
Linux Format Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Linux Format risks and report on developing an effective Linux Format strategy.
– How do we keep improving Linux?
Free license Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Free license results and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Free license results.
– Do Linux rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Is a Linux Team Work effort in place?
Hobbyist operating system development Critical Criteria:
Design Hobbyist operating system development results and point out improvements in Hobbyist operating system development.
– How likely is the current Linux plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What is the purpose of Linux in relation to the mission?
Enlightenment Foundation Libraries Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Enlightenment Foundation Libraries adoptions and assess what counts with Enlightenment Foundation Libraries that we are not counting.
– What are specific Linux Rules to follow?
Integrated Authority File Critical Criteria:
Add value to Integrated Authority File management and oversee Integrated Authority File requirements.
– How much does Linux help?
Calculate Linux Critical Criteria:
Examine Calculate Linux risks and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Linux values?
– How is the value delivered by Linux being measured?
– How do we Lead with Linux in Mind?
Linux Foundation Critical Criteria:
Rank Linux Foundation management and integrate design thinking in Linux Foundation innovation.
Desktop environment Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Desktop environment results and devote time assessing Desktop environment and its risk.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Linux in a volatile global economy?
– Do we monitor the Linux decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Linux gaming Critical Criteria:
Participate in Linux gaming adoptions and drive action.
– Do those selected for the Linux team have a good general understanding of what Linux is all about?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Linux products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Is the scope of Linux defined?
Comparison of open-source wireless drivers Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Comparison of open-source wireless drivers decisions and achieve a single Comparison of open-source wireless drivers view and bringing data together.
– When a Linux manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How can we improve Linux?
Firefox OS Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Firefox OS visions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Firefox OS.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Linux strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Is Linux dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Who needs to know about Linux ?
Integrated development environment Critical Criteria:
Design Integrated development environment management and mentor Integrated development environment customer orientation.
– What threat is Linux addressing?
Common Development and Distribution License Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Common Development and Distribution License results and interpret which customers can’t participate in Common Development and Distribution License because they lack skills.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Linux moving forward?
Earth orbit Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Earth orbit engagements and finalize specific methods for Earth orbit acceptance.
– What are internal and external Linux relations?
DreamWorks Animation Critical Criteria:
Judge DreamWorks Animation projects and acquire concise DreamWorks Animation education.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Linux that make it risky?
Classic Mac OS Critical Criteria:
Use past Classic Mac OS decisions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Classic Mac OS because they lack skills.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Linux strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Can we do Linux without complex (expensive) analysis?
Compositing window manager Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Compositing window manager issues and acquire concise Compositing window manager education.
– Why are Linux skills important?
Comparison of open-source and closed-source software Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Comparison of open-source and closed-source software decisions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Comparison of open-source and closed-source software projects.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Linux does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How do we go about Securing Linux?
Comparison of netbook-oriented Linux distributions Critical Criteria:
Analyze Comparison of netbook-oriented Linux distributions governance and document what potential Comparison of netbook-oriented Linux distributions megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Will Linux have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Linux into the services that we provide?
Imagination META Critical Criteria:
Debate over Imagination META decisions and find out.
– How do we go about Comparing Linux approaches/solutions?
– Which Linux goals are the most important?
Forensic software engineering Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Forensic software engineering adoptions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Forensic software engineering projects.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Linux processes?
GNOME project Critical Criteria:
Value GNOME project planning and slay a dragon.
– How do we manage Linux Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How would one define Linux leadership?
Comparison of open source and closed source Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Comparison of open source and closed source leadership and finalize the present value of growth of Comparison of open source and closed source.
– How do we know that any Linux analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Do we all define Linux in the same way?
Arch Linux Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Arch Linux planning and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Arch Linux projects.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Linux ?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Linux effort?
– How can the value of Linux be defined?
Kernel space Critical Criteria:
Add value to Kernel space visions and question.
– How do we Identify specific Linux investment and emerging trends?
– What business benefits will Linux goals deliver if achieved?
GNOME desktop Critical Criteria:
Mine GNOME desktop management and adopt an insight outlook.
BSD licenses Critical Criteria:
Guide BSD licenses issues and correct BSD licenses management by competencies.
– What are our needs in relation to Linux skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Are we Assessing Linux and Risk?
General-purpose operating system Critical Criteria:
Dissect General-purpose operating system quality and transcribe General-purpose operating system as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Linux process?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Windows Subsystem for Linux Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Linux External links:
BMGV7 Linux Production
Git GUI for Windows, Mac & Linux | GitKraken
Learn about the Windows Subsystem for Linux
Boost Software License External links:
Boost Software License 1.0 (BSL-1.0) | Open Source Initiative
Boost Software License
Boost Software License Background – Brown University
Beta testing External links:
musical.ly – beta testing for instant music videos app
Product Beta Testing Panel | AcuRite
TestFairy – Android beta testing – iOS beta testing
GNU Lesser General Public License External links:
GNU Lesser General Public License – P2P Foundation
GNU Lesser General Public License – NFC Tools
The GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) – PFE
Jet Propulsion Laboratory External links:
Jet Propulsion Laboratory Herschel Mission Home Page
Intern – NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) – Space Mission …
Linux Terminal Server Project External links:
Linux Terminal Server Project (LTSP) / Mailing Lists
Linux Terminal Server Project – Download the LTSP source
Setting up LTSP (Linux Terminal Server Project) and …
Linux Journal External links:
Learning to Program the Arduino | Linux Journal
Bash Arrays | Linux Journal
Desktop computer External links:
Heartland America: HP6305 Desktop Computer
Download Skype for Desktop Computer | Skype
HP PCs – Cannot Start Desktop Computer From a …
Digital audio player External links:
Onkyo DP-X1 Digital Audio Player/DAC Review (4K) – YouTube
Debian Free Software Guidelines External links:
8SH6-HELN: Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG) …
The Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG) – Google …
Debian Free Software Guidelines – WOW.com
Antitrust case External links:
Antitrust Case Filings | ATR | Department of Justice
Milk Antitrust Case – Sipree
Justice Dept. Drops AmEx Antitrust Case | Bloomberg BNA
Header file External links:
1.9 — Header files | Learn C++
C – Header Files – Tutorialspoint
C – Header Files
Academic Free License External links:
Academic Free License v1.1 – Open Hub
[PDF]Academic Free License (“AFL”) version 3 – rosenlaw.com
Academic Free License 3.0 | Open Source Initiative
Intel x86 External links:
Intel X86 64 Manual – bossmall.store
Intel X86 64 Manual – kuaidai.store
[PDF]Intel X86 64 Manual – bilete.store
Dynamic linker External links:
Dynamic linker – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Linux Format External links:
[PDF]Linux Format Raspberry Pi The Complete Guide Ebook | …
Linux format. (Journal, magazine, 1999) [WorldCat.org]
Linux Format – Home | Facebook
Free license External links:
Free License Plate Look Up – License-Plate-Look-Up.net
FREE License Plate Search | Check Any License Plate FREE
Registration: Free license | Remote Utilities
Hobbyist operating system development External links:
Hobbyist operating system development – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Hobbyist operating system development
Hobbyist operating system development – WOW.com
Hobbyist operating system development – Infogalactic: …
Enlightenment Foundation Libraries External links:
Enlightenment Foundation Libraries (EFL) – Quora
Enlightenment Foundation Libraries – Home | Facebook
Enlightenment Foundation Libraries 1.0 Hit Beta – Phoronix
Integrated Authority File External links:
MEDLARS indexing: integrated authority file
Calculate Linux External links:
Calculate Linux 17 en saveur Mate-Desktop – YouTube
Calculate Linux Install – YouTube
How to calculate linux permissions | Server Sitters
Linux Foundation External links:
Linux Foundation – Official Site
ApacheCon North America – Linux Foundation
Projects – The Linux Foundation
Desktop environment External links:
Lumina Desktop Environment | Exploring and sharing …
MATE Desktop Environment | MATE
Linux gaming External links:
GNU/Linux Gaming on Reddit
RootGamer.com – Frontpage Linux Gaming
Jakejw93 – Linux Gaming – YouTube
Firefox OS External links:
Firefox OS Simulator – Download
Mozilla Emoji List — Emojis for Firefox OS – Emojipedia
Samsung Tizen vs Sony Android vs Firefox OS vs LG …
Integrated development environment External links:
Integrated Development Environment (IDE) – Progress …
Anypoint Studio | Integrated Development Environment …
Common Development and Distribution License External links:
COMMON DEVELOPMENT AND DISTRIBUTION LICENSE (CDDL…
Common Development and Distribution License 1.1 | …
Earth orbit External links:
Earth Orbit – YouTube
Orion: Spacecraft to Take Astronauts Beyond Earth Orbit
DreamWorks Animation External links:
CAN’T STOP THE FEELING! (From DreamWorks Animation…
Classic Mac OS External links:
Classic Mac OS Downloads and Updates | Low End Mac
Compositing window manager External links:
Compositing Window Manager | Technology Trends
Replace VGL with a Compositing Window Manager. – GitHub
Comparison of open-source and closed-source software External links:
Comparison of open-source and closed-source software …
Comparison of netbook-oriented Linux distributions External links:
Comparison of netbook-oriented Linux distributions | …
Forensic software engineering External links:
[PPT]Forensic Software Engineering: Are Software …
[PPT]Forensic Software Engineering – Computer Science
[PDF]Forensic Software Engineering – Les Hatton
GNOME project External links:
Red Gnome Project – Home | Facebook
The Gnome Project – Home | Facebook
Comparison of open source and closed source External links:
Comparison of open source and closed source – …
Comparison Of Open Source And Closed Source …
http://photobucket.com/images/comparison of open source and closed source
Arch Linux External links:
Twitch Installs Arch Linux
Arch Linux ARM – Official Site
Arch Linux Forums
Kernel space External links:
kernel space – Everything2.com
kernel space – Wiktionary
CiteSeerX — Kernel space
GNOME desktop External links:
Academic Resources | Gnome Desktop | Amherst College
Finally! Ubuntu 17.10 Daily Builds Using GNOME Desktop …
General-purpose operating system External links:
[PDF]General-Purpose Operating System Protection …