What is involved in Visualization
Find out what the related areas are that Visualization connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Visualization thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Interactive Computing and Data Visualization journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Interactive Computing and Data Visualization leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Visualization related domains to cover and 140 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Visualization, Ade Olufeko, Adolphe Quetelet, Bang Wong, Biological data visualization, Chemical imaging, Computer graphics, Creative visualization, Crime mapping, Data visualization, Engineering drawing, Flow visualization, Gaspard Monge, Graph drawing, Graph of a function, Graphic design, Graphic organizer, Guided imagery, Hanspeter Pfister, Imaging science, Information graphics, Information science, Information visualization, Interactive visualization, Jock D. Mackinlay, Mathematical diagram, Medical imaging, Mental image, Miriah Meyer, Misleading graph, Molecular graphics, Motor imagery, Music visualization, Patent drawing, Scientific modelling, Scientific visualization, Security visualisation, Software visualization, Spatial analysis, Spatial visualization ability, Statistical graphics, Technical drawing, Technical illustration, User interface, User interface design, Visual analytics, Visual communication, Visual culture, Visual perception, Visual rhetoric, Visual system, Visual thinking, Volume cartography, Volume rendering:
Visualization Critical Criteria:
Merge Visualization goals and oversee implementation of Visualization.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Visualization does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Visualization products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Can you filter, drill down, or add entirely new data to your visualization with mobile editing?
– What are the long-term Visualization goals?
Ade Olufeko Critical Criteria:
Survey Ade Olufeko strategies and assess what counts with Ade Olufeko that we are not counting.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Visualization services/products?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Visualization delivery for example is new software needed?
– Is Visualization dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Adolphe Quetelet Critical Criteria:
Learn from Adolphe Quetelet engagements and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Which customers cant participate in our Visualization domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Visualization moving forward?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Visualization processes?
Bang Wong Critical Criteria:
Value Bang Wong projects and report on setting up Bang Wong without losing ground.
– Does Visualization analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Is a Visualization Team Work effort in place?
Biological data visualization Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Biological data visualization quality and find the ideas you already have.
– Is the Visualization organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What will drive Visualization change?
– How can the value of Visualization be defined?
Chemical imaging Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Chemical imaging visions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Chemical imaging information.
– Is maximizing Visualization protection the same as minimizing Visualization loss?
Computer graphics Critical Criteria:
Investigate Computer graphics strategies and revise understanding of Computer graphics architectures.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Visualization. How do we gain traction?
– What are current Visualization Paradigms?
– What is Effective Visualization?
Creative visualization Critical Criteria:
Depict Creative visualization tactics and catalog what business benefits will Creative visualization goals deliver if achieved.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Visualization strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do we Improve Visualization service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we Lead with Visualization in Mind?
Crime mapping Critical Criteria:
Grasp Crime mapping management and point out Crime mapping tensions in leadership.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Visualization strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What business benefits will Visualization goals deliver if achieved?
Data visualization Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Data visualization planning and grade techniques for implementing Data visualization controls.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Visualization that make it risky?
– How do we measure improved Visualization service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are our Visualization Processes?
Engineering drawing Critical Criteria:
Deduce Engineering drawing projects and innovate what needs to be done with Engineering drawing.
– Think about the people you identified for your Visualization project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Are there Visualization Models?
Flow visualization Critical Criteria:
Depict Flow visualization engagements and ask what if.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Visualization values?
– Is Supporting Visualization documentation required?
Gaspard Monge Critical Criteria:
Systematize Gaspard Monge issues and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Gaspard Monge is getting what it needs.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Visualization process?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Visualization effort?
– Do Visualization rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Graph drawing Critical Criteria:
Chat re Graph drawing projects and oversee implementation of Graph drawing.
– Are assumptions made in Visualization stated explicitly?
Graph of a function Critical Criteria:
Steer Graph of a function outcomes and display thorough understanding of the Graph of a function process.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Visualization in a volatile global economy?
– What are the disruptive Visualization technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Graphic design Critical Criteria:
Trace Graphic design planning and oversee Graphic design requirements.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Visualization activities?
– What are all of our Visualization domains and what do they do?
Graphic organizer Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Graphic organizer decisions and separate what are the business goals Graphic organizer is aiming to achieve.
– Does Visualization analysis show the relationships among important Visualization factors?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Visualization project?
– Have all basic functions of Visualization been defined?
Guided imagery Critical Criteria:
Probe Guided imagery projects and find out what it really means.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Visualization, including any consulting or professional services?
– Why are Visualization skills important?
Hanspeter Pfister Critical Criteria:
Confer re Hanspeter Pfister failures and work towards be a leading Hanspeter Pfister expert.
– For your Visualization project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Imaging science Critical Criteria:
Investigate Imaging science management and get the big picture.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Visualization project?
– Have you identified your Visualization key performance indicators?
– What threat is Visualization addressing?
Information graphics Critical Criteria:
Guard Information graphics engagements and be persistent.
– How do we manage Visualization Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How do we go about Securing Visualization?
Information science Critical Criteria:
Check Information science results and probe the present value of growth of Information science.
– Do those selected for the Visualization team have a good general understanding of what Visualization is all about?
Information visualization Critical Criteria:
Talk about Information visualization governance and slay a dragon.
– Why is Visualization important for you now?
Interactive visualization Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Interactive visualization results and get going.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Visualization process?
– Which Visualization goals are the most important?
– What are internal and external Visualization relations?
Jock D. Mackinlay Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Jock D. Mackinlay engagements and interpret which customers can’t participate in Jock D. Mackinlay because they lack skills.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Visualization agendas for the next 3 years?
– Does our organization need more Visualization education?
Mathematical diagram Critical Criteria:
Review Mathematical diagram issues and oversee implementation of Mathematical diagram.
– In a project to restructure Visualization outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Is Visualization Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Medical imaging Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Medical imaging quality and check on ways to get started with Medical imaging.
– How likely is the current Visualization plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– When a Visualization manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Do we have past Visualization Successes?
Mental image Critical Criteria:
Test Mental image tasks and point out improvements in Mental image.
– Is the scope of Visualization defined?
– How to Secure Visualization?
Miriah Meyer Critical Criteria:
Infer Miriah Meyer projects and find the ideas you already have.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Visualization information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Visualization forward?
– What are the short and long-term Visualization goals?
Misleading graph Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Misleading graph leadership and devise Misleading graph key steps.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Visualization?
– Are accountability and ownership for Visualization clearly defined?
– What are specific Visualization Rules to follow?
Molecular graphics Critical Criteria:
Check Molecular graphics goals and report on setting up Molecular graphics without losing ground.
– How can you negotiate Visualization successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Motor imagery Critical Criteria:
Model after Motor imagery projects and create Motor imagery explanations for all managers.
– what is the best design framework for Visualization organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Music visualization Critical Criteria:
Focus on Music visualization tasks and be persistent.
– Think of your Visualization project. what are the main functions?
– How much does Visualization help?
Patent drawing Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Patent drawing decisions and define what our big hairy audacious Patent drawing goal is.
– What about Visualization Analysis of results?
Scientific modelling Critical Criteria:
Trace Scientific modelling projects and get going.
– How do we know that any Visualization analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Scientific visualization Critical Criteria:
Chat re Scientific visualization goals and test out new things.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Visualization models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Will Visualization deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Security visualisation Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Security visualisation governance and display thorough understanding of the Security visualisation process.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Visualization leader?
Software visualization Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Software visualization planning and adopt an insight outlook.
– Does Visualization include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Among the Visualization product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Spatial analysis Critical Criteria:
Unify Spatial analysis governance and report on setting up Spatial analysis without losing ground.
– Can we do Visualization without complex (expensive) analysis?
Spatial visualization ability Critical Criteria:
Consider Spatial visualization ability adoptions and assess what counts with Spatial visualization ability that we are not counting.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Visualization Management?
– How would one define Visualization leadership?
Statistical graphics Critical Criteria:
Merge Statistical graphics issues and develop and take control of the Statistical graphics initiative.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Visualization study?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Visualization move?
Technical drawing Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Technical drawing engagements and forecast involvement of future Technical drawing projects in development.
– In the case of a Visualization project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Visualization project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Visualization project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do we keep improving Visualization?
– What is our Visualization Strategy?
Technical illustration Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Technical illustration risks and develop and take control of the Technical illustration initiative.
– Can we add value to the current Visualization decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Do we all define Visualization in the same way?
User interface Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about User interface projects and test out new things.
– What is the source of the strategies for Visualization strengthening and reform?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
User interface design Critical Criteria:
Start User interface design outcomes and adopt an insight outlook.
– Who will provide the final approval of Visualization deliverables?
Visual analytics Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Visual analytics projects and finalize the present value of growth of Visual analytics.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Visualization processes?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Visualization process?
Visual communication Critical Criteria:
Consider Visual communication results and develop and take control of the Visual communication initiative.
– Will Visualization have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Visual culture Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Visual culture engagements and probe the present value of growth of Visual culture.
Visual perception Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Visual perception failures and get the big picture.
– What are our needs in relation to Visualization skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Are we Assessing Visualization and Risk?
Visual rhetoric Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Visual rhetoric strategies and define what our big hairy audacious Visual rhetoric goal is.
Visual system Critical Criteria:
Judge Visual system governance and ask what if.
– Does Visualization systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Visualization been identified and analyzed?
– What is the purpose of Visualization in relation to the mission?
Visual thinking Critical Criteria:
Refer to Visual thinking strategies and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Visual thinking projects.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Visualization processes?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Visualization leaders?
Volume cartography Critical Criteria:
Confer over Volume cartography risks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Volume cartography skills.
– Is there any existing Visualization governance structure?
Volume rendering Critical Criteria:
Apply Volume rendering management and summarize a clear Volume rendering focus.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Interactive Computing and Data Visualization Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Visualization External links:
geothinQ – On-demand Land Mapping & Data Visualization
Power BI | Interactive Data Visualization BI Tools
Visualization: Table | Charts | Google Developers
Ade Olufeko External links:
Ade Olufeko Profiles | Facebook
Ade Olufeko Silver Spring, MD | Intelius
ADE OLUFEKO PRE EMINENT THINKER – YouTube
Adolphe Quetelet External links:
L’invention d’Adolphe Quetelet – Cyril Hanouna – YouTube
Tales of Statisticians | Adolphe Quetelet
Adolphe Quetelet (1796-1874)–the average man and …
Bang Wong External links:
Bang Wong | About – Broad Institute
Bang Wong Colosseum – Newgrounds.com
Bang Wong – YouTube
Biological data visualization External links:
Biological Data Visualization – Google+
Ontologies in Biological Data Visualization
6th Workshop on Biological Data Visualization – BioVis 2016
Chemical imaging External links:
Spero® Chemical Imaging Microscope: Mid-IR …
Advanced Structural and Chemical Imaging | Home page
Computer graphics External links:
Computer Graphics Blog
Nicolas Bertoa – Blog about Computer Graphics
Computer Graphics & Graphics Applications
Creative visualization External links:
Creative Visualization – Religious Counterfeits
Creative visualization (Book, 1978) [WorldCat.org]
Creative Visualization – Attracting Success with Mind Power
Crime mapping External links:
Tucson Crime Mapping | Official website of the City of Tucson
Crime Mapping and COMPSTAT – Los Angeles Police Department
City of Rochester | Rochester Crime Mapping
Data visualization External links:
geothinQ – On-demand Land Mapping & Data Visualization
NCHS Data Visualization Gallery – Homepage
AstroNova | Data Visualization Technology & Solutions
Engineering drawing External links:
Engineering Drawing – SlideShare
[PDF]Engineering Drawing & CAD Standards – Faculty Web
Engineering Drawing Title Block – Engineers Edge
Flow visualization External links:
Air flow visualization – YouTube
NASA Glenn Flow Visualization Tunnel
Gaspard Monge External links:
Gaspard Monge-La Chauvinière | Facebook
Gaspard Monge | Facebook
Gaspard Monge, count de Péluse | French mathematician …
Graph drawing External links:
Graph Drawing. (eBook, 1998) [WorldCat.org]
Graph drawing – ScienceDaily
Handbook of Graph Drawing and Visualization
Graph of a function External links:
[PDF]How to Sketch the Graph of a Function – Faculty Websites
Graphic design External links:
Collaborate & Create Amazing Graphic Design for Free – Canva
PicMonkey Photo Editor and Graphic Design Maker
Graphic Design Tools and Templates | PicMonkey
Graphic organizer External links:
Double-Entry Journals: Graphic Organizer & Advice …
Story Elements Graphic Organizer – TeacherVision
Graphic Organizer Posters: All-About-Me Web: Grades 3-6: 30 Fill-in Personal Posters for Students to Display with Pride Pck Chrt Edition by Scholastic (Author), Scholastic Teaching Resources (Author)
Guided imagery External links:
What is Guided Imagery? | Health Journeys
Guided Imagery Meditation
Guided Imagery – Breastcancer.org
Hanspeter Pfister External links:
Hanspeter Pfister – Google Scholar Citations
Data Visualization with Hanspeter Pfister – YouTube
Hanspeter Pfister (@hpfister) | Twitter
Imaging science External links:
[PDF]Principles of Imaging Science II (RAD 120)
About Us – Imaging Science
HiRISE | High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment
Information graphics External links:
Timeplots: Information Graphics Products
Information graphics (Book, 2012) [WorldCat.org]
Information graphics – New World Encyclopedia
Information science External links:
Library and Information Science — SISLT
Northeastern University College of Computer and Information Science …
Remote Access | Research Information Science & …
Information visualization External links:
Information visualization (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Interactive visualization External links:
Interactive Visualization with 3ds Max and Stingray – YouTube
Interactive Visualization of Wine
Jock D. Mackinlay External links:
Jock D. Mackinlay – Google Scholar Citations
Jock D. Mackinlay – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
[PDF]Bay-Wei Chang, Jock D. Mackinlay, Polle T. Zellweger
Medical imaging External links:
University Medical Imaging – Official Site
Medical Imaging | Overlake Medical Center
Find a Touchstone Imaging Center – Touchstone Medical Imaging
Mental image External links:
Mental image. A mental image is an experience that, on most occasions, significantly resembles the experience of perceiving some object, event, or scene, but occurs when the relevant object, event, or scene is not actually present to the senses.
Miriah Meyer External links:
Miriah Meyer | projects
Miriah Meyer (@miriah_meyer) | Twitter
Misleading graph External links:
[PDF]31 Misleading Graphs and Statistics
Misleading Graphs Examples – math.tutorvista.com
Misleading Graphs | Passy’s World of Mathematics
Molecular graphics External links:
PyMOL Molecular Graphics System / Mailing Lists
Associate Specialist – Molecular Graphics and …
Feb 07, 2018 · Download PyMOL Molecular Graphics System for free. PyMOL is an OpenGL based molecular visualization system. PyMOL is …
Motor imagery External links:
What is Graded Motor Imagery – YouTube
Graded Motor Imagery – YouTube
[PDF]Graded Motor Imagery – Select Physical Therapy
Music visualization External links:
Online Music Visualization maker | Renderforest
Viz – Music Visualization Software – Echobit
Music visualization (Article, 1925) [WorldCat.org]
Patent drawing External links:
Patent Drawings – Klughart
Patent Drawings | Technical Drawing | Computer Aided …
[PDF]Guide for Preparation of Patent Drawings
Scientific modelling External links:
Flooding, Scientific modelling, Magnetoreception, Escalators
What is SCIENTIFIC MODELLING? What does …
Scientific modelling — Science Learning Hub
Scientific visualization External links:
Scientific visualization (VHS tape, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
ChemDoodle 3D | Scientific Visualization Software
Home – NASA Scientific Visualization Studio
Software visualization External links:
[PDF]Software Visualization in the Large – people.cs.pitt.edu
Software Visualization – Imagix
Spatial analysis External links:
Home | Spatial Analysis & Research Center
Spatial visualization ability External links:
The Relationship between Spatial Visualization Ability …
Technical drawing External links:
Technical Drawing Software – SmartDraw
Technical drawing instruments | STAEDTLER
technical drawing paper sizes in the United States
Technical illustration External links:
Performance Design | Technical Illustration
Technical Illustration of Desktop Watt Balance – YouTube
Technical illustration, Beau and Alan Daniels. – Automotive
User interface External links:
EWS User Interface
Download Intel® Optane™ Memory User Interface and …
User interface \
http://The graphical user interface (GUI /ɡuːiː/), is a type of user interface that allows users to interact with electronic devices through graphical icons and visual indicators such as secondary notation, instead of text-based user interfaces, typed command labels or text navigation.
User interface design External links:
User Interface Design | Coursera
3D User Interface design tool – qt.io
Golden Rules of User Interface Design – UX Planet
Visual analytics External links:
CSE 6242 – Data and Visual Analytics
Data Analytical Tools , Visual Analytics Software | Stratifyd
Visual communication External links:
School of Visual Communication Design | Kent State University
Whiteboards | Visual Communication Tools | Egan Visual
Visual culture External links:
Visual Culture – New World Encyclopedia
– Visual Culture of the American Civil War
Center for Art Design and Visual Culture – UMBC
Visual perception External links:
Visual Perception (eVideo, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Culture Visual Perception – AbeBooks
Visual rhetoric External links:
Carteeharing, Rebecca / Visual Rhetoric
Visual Rhetoric – Rhetoric and Advertising – Google Sites
Definition and Examples of Visual Rhetoric – ThoughtCo
Visual system External links:
Visual System Anatomy: Overview, Gross Anatomy
Visual system – ScienceDaily
Psychology Ch. 3- Visual System Flashcards | Quizlet
Visual thinking External links:
Visual Thinking Strategies Visual Thinking Strategies is …
Visual thinking. (Book, 1971) [WorldCat.org]
Volume cartography External links:
Volume cartography – update.revolvy.com
Volume rendering External links:
[PDF]Three-dimensional Volume Rendering of Spiral CT …
RadiAnt DICOM Viewer – Volume Rendering on Surface Pro 4
[PDF]Volume Rendering versus Maximum Intensity …