What is involved in Change Control
Find out what the related areas are that Change Control connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Change Control thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Change Control journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Change Control leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Change Control related domains to cover and 171 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Change Control, Change Management, Changelog, Clinical trial, Computer, Computer network, Configuration management, Documentation, Electric power, Food and Drug Administration, Good Manufacturing Practice, Identifier, Information technology, Infrastructure, International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use, Living Document, Operating system, Quality management system, Routing, Specification, Standard operating procedure, Standardization, Version control:
Change Control Critical Criteria:
Study Change Control decisions and assess and formulate effective operational and Change Control strategies.
– Does the Change Control task fit the clients priorities?
– Who needs to know about Change Control ?
– Why is change control necessary?
– Is Change Control Required?
Change Management Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Change Management issues and acquire concise Change Management education.
– The objective of Change Management is to ensure that standard methods and procedures are used, such that changes can be dealt with quickly, with the lowest possible impact on service quality. all changes should be traceable, in other words, one can answer the question, what changed? Do we do this?
– Has the team ensured that key cultural barriers (e.g., training and skills required for new jobs, entrenched culture, incompatible support structures, fear of downsizing) are addressed in its Change Management strategy?
– What steps have executives included in the Change Management plan to identify and address customers and stakeholders concerns about the specific process to be reengineered?
– How should projects be phased to allow adequate time for Change Management and organizational acceptance of the selected technologies?
– Do you have resources, processes, and methodologies in place to provide training and organizational change management services?
– What are some concrete ways to help executives understand the value of change management?
– What are the most important benefits of effective organizational change management?
– Are CSI and organizational change underpinned by Kotters change management best practices?
– Is Change Control dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– What has been your most Challenging change management experience?
– In what scenarios should change management systems be introduced?
– What are common barriers to using Change Management in practice?
– Are Organizational Change managements best practices (eg Kotter) applied?
– What are the primary barriers to effective Change Management?
– Is there any existing Change Control governance structure?
– What is the Change Management process?
– What is Change Management?
Changelog Critical Criteria:
Participate in Changelog issues and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Changelog.
– what is the best design framework for Change Control organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Change Control with what users do day-to-day?
– What are the usability implications of Change Control actions?
Clinical trial Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Clinical trial projects and point out improvements in Clinical trial.
– Does Change Control analysis show the relationships among important Change Control factors?
– Who sets the Change Control standards?
– Is a Change Control Team Work effort in place?
Computer Critical Criteria:
Explore Computer tactics and look in other fields.
– While it seems technically very likely that smart contracts can be programmed to execute the lifecycle events of a financial asset, and that those assets can be legally enshrined in computer code as a smart asset, how are they governed by law?
– Do you monitor security alerts and advisories from your system vendors, Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) and other sources, taking appropriate and responsive actions?
– Does the organization need to recover data from computers seized as evidence and to present it to law enforcement for investigative use and to prosecutors for use at trial?
– During the last 3 years, have you experienced a disruption to your computer system that lasted longer than 4 hours for any reason (other than planned downtime)?
– How is source data collected (paper questionnaire, computer assisted person interview, computer assisted telephone interview, web data collection form)?
– Do we do this…As you approach the front desk, the Customer Service professional is busy typing on a computer. after several seconds, he mumbles, yes?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– Does each mobile computer with direct connectivity to the internet have a personal firewall and anti-virus software installed?
– Is anti-virus software installed on all computers/servers that connect to your network?
– At what level is data first computerized (i.e., entered in a computer)?
– Can your software be accessed via Windows PCs and Apple Mac computers?
– Who will provide the final approval of Change Control deliverables?
– How can e Learning or computer based training be more effective?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Are all computers password protected?
– What if the data cannot fit on your computer?
– What threat is Change Control addressing?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Computer network governance and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Computer network.
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– What vendors make products that address the Change Control needs?
– Which Change Control goals are the most important?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Configuration management governance and correct better engagement with Configuration management results.
– Is an asset management process(es) in place to inventory and manage this new asset (investment) from a property management perspective, to provide Configuration Management support, and to monitor system performance?
– A Configuration Management database (cmdb) can contain different configuration items (cis). Which items would not normally be regarded as a ci?
– Have all mechanisms that can lead to temporary or permanent changes to facility documentation been identified?
– How do you do maintence on released versions without interfering with your current development work?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all requested changes to the cis assessed, processed and tracked?
– What information does Configuration Management provide to the it management of an organization?
– What do you do when you find a build error in some other code that is related to your changes?
– Have the basis for the design requirements been established documented and maintained?
– Have the scm standards for recording and reporting the change been followed?
– Are the relationships between configuration items established?
– If the change does involve a usq, has it been approved by doe?
– Do the build instructions include all required components?
– How is information to be collected, stored and reported?
– Is impact analysis performed for all change requests?
– Is a usq review required for the proposed change?
– What are configuration items, baselines, etc. ?
– How many reported faults in version t?
– Are user sign-off documents available?
– What is the last mile connectioin?
Documentation Critical Criteria:
Read up on Documentation quality and get answers.
– If you had to recreate the system at a certain state in its life cycle or duplicate the deployed system in the test lab to check out a fault, would you have all of the configuration data and documentation version information you would need to do so?
– Organizational support in providing services: do managers provide encouragement and support for collaborative activities and what is the impact on operations, documentation, billing, and Risk Management?
– Have we thought of cost, functionality,vendor support, vendor viability, quality of documentation, ease of learning, ease of use, ease of installation, response time, throughput, version?
– Does sufficient documentation exist on implementing partner activities commensurate with the level of upstream support that is being claimed?
– What metadata/documentation will be submitted alongside the data or created on deposit/ transformation in order to make the data reusable?
– Do you have enough focus on ITRM documentation to help formalize processes to increase communications and integration with ORM?
– Documentation Logs What records should be kept from before, during, and after an incident?
– Is any of this documentation suitable for a journal article or conference presentation?
– Does clear documentation of collection, aggregation, and manipulation steps exist?
– What documentation is provided with the software / system and in what format?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Change Control project?
– How does improper/incomplete documentation affect disciplinary actions?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Change Control activities?
– Is Supporting Change Control documentation required?
– What s the status of the documentation?
Electric power Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Electric power management and innovate what needs to be done with Electric power.
– Have all basic functions of Change Control been defined?
Food and Drug Administration Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Food and Drug Administration management and integrate design thinking in Food and Drug Administration innovation.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Change Control leaders?
Good Manufacturing Practice Critical Criteria:
Start Good Manufacturing Practice issues and find answers.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Change Control information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Change Control, including any consulting or professional services?
– Does Change Control create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Identifier Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Identifier decisions and slay a dragon.
– Are the data and associated software produced and/or used in the project discoverable (and readily located), identifiable by means of a standard identification mechanism (e.g. digital object identifier)?
– After GDPR comes into force; can we continue declaring that papers and identifiers which a candidate has provided us with for the purpose of selection procedure will not returned?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Change Control workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Does the tool in use allow the ability to use Smart number identifiers (e.g., the ability to recognize that 999 99 9999 is not a valid Social Security number)?
– Have mechanisms been put in place to de-identify data whenever possible(e.g.,by removing all direct and indirect identifiers)?
– Are unique identifiers in place for users of it resources?
– What is the identifier of a thing?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Design Information technology results and develop and take control of the Information technology initiative.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Think about the functions involved in your Change Control project. what processes flow from these functions?
– In a project to restructure Change Control outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– How do we go about Comparing Change Control approaches/solutions?
Infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Sort Infrastructure issues and find answers.
– The way blockchains are developed will shape the future landscape and the role of todays capital market participants. Is an application being introduced by existing participants, or is a new entrant looking to displace incumbents? Is the new infrastructure replacing existing processes, or is it creating a rival system?
– Critical to the centralized coordination of technical infrastructure is the cost model used. how can costs be managed to support compliance and good practice rather than hinder the uptake?
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– For any workstation or server entered, have you received a completed hopkins hosted application checklist (see appendix) or equivalent certification or documentation?
– Is the server registered in the it@jh tenable/nessus scanning tool for scans to be administered at least once per quarter?
– Does the organization have an infrastructure in place in order to provide timely, honest communication with employees?
– You are asked to create four vlans on a newly installed physical ethernet switch. how should you configure the vlans?
– Which mechanism enables a lun with higher capacity than is physically allocated to be presented to a compute system?
– Which cloud computing characteristic enables consumers to get computing resources without any human intervention?
– Can our IT Security product adapt to growth and change of the organizations systems infrastructure?
– Are the protection of information in networks and the protection of the supporting infrastructure ensured?
– Which statement is true about application encapsulation?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– Which technology enables configuring virtual hbas?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
– Which emc product offers cdp functionality?
– , Why virtual desktop at ccri ?
– What are the key points?
International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use Critical Criteria:
Dissect International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use adoptions and pay attention to the small things.
– In the case of a Change Control project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Change Control project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Change Control project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How important is Change Control to the user organizations mission?
– How do we manage Change Control Knowledge Management (KM)?
Living Document Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Living Document outcomes and learn.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Change Control product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do the Change Control decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Change Control ?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Judge Operating system visions and oversee Operating system management by competencies.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– Is the Change Control organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– Why is Change Control important for you now?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
Quality management system Critical Criteria:
Model after Quality management system strategies and triple focus on important concepts of Quality management system relationship management.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Change Control. How do we gain traction?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Change Control agendas for the next 3 years?
Routing Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Routing management and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Routing results.
– System Architecture for On-Chip Networks: What system architecture (topology, routing, flow control, interfaces) is optimal for on-chip networks?
– Are assumptions made in Change Control stated explicitly?
– How do we Lead with Change Control in Mind?
Specification Critical Criteria:
Confer over Specification quality and learn.
– Can visitors/customers easily find all relevant information about your products (e.g., prices, options, technical specifications, quantities, shipping information, order status) on your website?
– Does each piece of measuring and test equipment used to determine compliance with customer technical specifications have a calibration/inspection record?
– Have product specifications been reviewed with respect to existing and planned organizational programs, policies, procedures, and standards?
– How do you identify the information basis for later specification of performance or acceptance criteria?
– Is it important to have a very detailed specification and design before moving to implementation?
– What technical specifications should we build into our infrastructure to produce quality data?
– Do we collect and manipulate source data into a mutually agreed upon flat-file specification?
– Is the project on schedule, on budget, and meeting specifications?
– What are the job descriptions and specifications for the staff?
– Is a formal specification complete?
Standard operating procedure Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Standard operating procedure risks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Standard operating procedure.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Change Control? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Change Control objectives?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Change Control activities?
Standardization Critical Criteria:
Track Standardization goals and point out improvements in Standardization.
– Will Change Control have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are specific Change Control Rules to follow?
Version control Critical Criteria:
Study Version control failures and do something to it.
– How can you experiment with a complex change and benefit from the version control system without making the change public?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Change Control processes of our organization?
– Will you be using a standard naming format and version control?
– How do we improve the way that we use version control?
– What goes under version control?
– Why are Change Control skills important?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Change Control Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Change Control External links:
[DOC]Change Control Process – exinfm
[DOC]Change Control Procedure – European Commission
[PDF]Change Control Procedure – University of North …
Change Management External links:
Change Management Models & Process | Change Activation
MDT Software | Automation Change Management
DCCA Change Management
Changelog External links:
Product Changelog | BOMGAR
Changelog | News and podcasts for developers
Clinical trial External links:
Clinical Trial News & Results – Drugs.com
Greenphire | Reimbursement Solutions | Clinical Trial …
Clinical Trial Finder | Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
Computer External links:
Shredder Online Chess – Shredder Computer Chess …
Computer network External links:
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
15-1152.00 – Computer Network Support Specialists
Computer Networks – Journal – Elsevier
Configuration management External links:
SecureWorks Cloud Security Configuration Management
Configuration Management | IpX
CMPIC – Configuration Management Training and …
Documentation External links:
Record360: Digital Documentation & Asset Condition …
Vessel Documentation Online LLC | US Coast Guard …
Texas Forms Manual: Guide to Real Estate & Title Documentation
Electric power External links:
Tucson Electric Power – Official Site
SWEPCO – Southwestern Electric Power Company
Basin Electric Power Cooperative – Official Site
Food and Drug Administration External links:
Federal Register :: Agencies – Food and Drug Administration
U S Food and Drug Administration Home Page
U.S. Food and Drug Administration – Home | Facebook
Good Manufacturing Practice External links:
[PDF]What are Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) …
Identifier External links:
Pill Identifier (Pill Finder) – Drugs.com
Insect & Bug Identification – Pest Identifier Guide
Information technology External links:
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
SOLAR | Division of Information Technology
Infrastructure External links:
ASCE’s 2017 Infrastructure Report Card – Official Site
House Committee on Transportation & Infrastructure
Infrastructure Engineers, Inc. – Home
Living Document External links:
ERIC – The Constitution–A Living Document., New …
[PDF]This manual is a living document subject to changes …
Operating system External links:
Find Out Which Operating System Is on My Computer …
Operating System and Browser warning
nCino Bank Operating System
Quality management system External links:
Quality Management System – Blue Island, Illinois
Calibration Quality Management System – SIMCO …
Quality Management System – NTTA Home
Routing External links:
Check Sample and TD Bank Routing Numbers
Routing Numbers – Bank of America
Checking Account and Routing Number | KeyBank – Key.com
Specification External links:
Specification Grade Lighting Manufacturer | Bartco Lighting
Standard operating procedure External links:
Standard Operating Procedure (2013) – IMDb
How to Write a Standard Operating Procedure: 15 Steps
[PDF]TITLE: STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE FOR …
Standardization External links:
Title Standardization | Human Resource Blog
Standardization Procedures – SAS Support
Titles in Your CRM: The Standardization Debate – RingLead
Version control External links:
Excel Version Control – Pathio
Penflip – collaborative writing and version control
Best Version Control Systems in 2017 | G2 Crowd