What is involved in Public Cloud
Find out what the related areas are that Public Cloud connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Public Cloud thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Public Cloud journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Public Cloud leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Public Cloud related domains to cover and 172 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Public Cloud, Loop-level parallelism, Systems architecture, Business continuity, Information technology, Instruction window, Message Passing Interface, Software engineering, Public Cloud, Apache CloudStack, Stream processing, Superscalar processor, Vector processor, Back-end database, Parallel computing, Quality control, Software systems, Infrastructure as a service, Google Now, Public utility, Engine Yard, Code on demand, Application checkpointing, Startup company, Oracle Corporation, Microsoft Azure, Platform engineering, Operating system–level virtualization, Web engineering, Load balancer, Client–server model, Fog computing, Simultaneous multithreading, Deterministic algorithm, Ziff Davis, Distributed computing, Smarter Planet, Capital expenditure, Distributed file system for cloud, Zadara Storage, General-purpose computing on graphics processing units, Data center, Virtual appliance, Computer multitasking, Ubiquitous computing:
Public Cloud Critical Criteria:
Probe Public Cloud planning and secure Public Cloud creativity.
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– In the case of public clouds, will the hosting service provider meet their regulatory compliance requirements?
– Think about the functions involved in your Public Cloud project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Do I establish a private (or community) cloud as a staging platform as we learn more about public clouds?
– How will the switch happen to public cloud when the private cloud infrastructure gets mixed out?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Public Cloud?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
– Is the scope of Public Cloud defined?
Loop-level parallelism Critical Criteria:
Mix Loop-level parallelism outcomes and improve Loop-level parallelism service perception.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Public Cloud agendas for the next 3 years?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Public Cloud process?
– Have all basic functions of Public Cloud been defined?
Systems architecture Critical Criteria:
Detail Systems architecture governance and handle a jump-start course to Systems architecture.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Public Cloud ?
– Does Public Cloud analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Business continuity Critical Criteria:
Recall Business continuity projects and catalog Business continuity activities.
– Who will be responsible for leading the various bcp teams (e.g., crisis/emergency, recovery, technology, communications, facilities, Human Resources, business units and processes, Customer Service)?
– Has specific responsibility been assigned for the execution of business continuity and disaster recovery plans (either within or outside of the information security function)?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Public Cloud? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– What programs/projects/departments/groups have some or all responsibility for business continuity/Risk Management/organizational resilience?
– Will Public Cloud have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– How will management prepare employees for a disaster, reduce the overall risks, and shorten the recovery window?
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– Does increasing our companys footprint add to the challenge of business continuity?
– Is the crisis management team comprised of members from Human Resources?
– Has business continuity thinking and planning become too formulaic?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
– Has business continuity been considered for this eventuality?
– Do you have a tested IT disaster recovery plan?
– What do we really want from Service Management?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Frame Information technology risks and handle a jump-start course to Information technology.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Public Cloud in a volatile global economy?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Public Cloud moving forward?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– Do Public Cloud rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Instruction window Critical Criteria:
Detail Instruction window tasks and triple focus on important concepts of Instruction window relationship management.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Public Cloud experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Why should we adopt a Public Cloud framework?
Message Passing Interface Critical Criteria:
Understand Message Passing Interface governance and acquire concise Message Passing Interface education.
– Do those selected for the Public Cloud team have a good general understanding of what Public Cloud is all about?
– Are there Public Cloud problems defined?
– How to deal with Public Cloud Changes?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Define Software engineering visions and overcome Software engineering skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Public Cloud product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Public Cloud? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Think of your Public Cloud project. what are the main functions?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Public Cloud Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Public Cloud visions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Public Cloud information.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Public Cloud project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Public Cloud objectives?
– What are our Public Cloud Processes?
Apache CloudStack Critical Criteria:
Consider Apache CloudStack failures and check on ways to get started with Apache CloudStack.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Public Cloud opportunities costing us money?
– What is the purpose of Public Cloud in relation to the mission?
– How will you measure your Public Cloud effectiveness?
Stream processing Critical Criteria:
Merge Stream processing strategies and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Stream processing is getting what it needs.
– Is there any existing Public Cloud governance structure?
– How much does Public Cloud help?
Superscalar processor Critical Criteria:
Model after Superscalar processor engagements and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Superscalar processor information.
– Among the Public Cloud product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Vector processor Critical Criteria:
Reason over Vector processor engagements and triple focus on important concepts of Vector processor relationship management.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Public Cloud study?
– Who will provide the final approval of Public Cloud deliverables?
Back-end database Critical Criteria:
Recall Back-end database visions and shift your focus.
– What are our needs in relation to Public Cloud skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How do we maintain Public Clouds Integrity?
Parallel computing Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Parallel computing risks and secure Parallel computing creativity.
– Have you identified your Public Cloud key performance indicators?
– How do we go about Comparing Public Cloud approaches/solutions?
– Is Supporting Public Cloud documentation required?
Quality control Critical Criteria:
Meet over Quality control management and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Quality control projects.
– Is the Quality Assurance function recognized to be different from implicit and continuous quality control during fabrication, in that it is discrete, explicit following production, and ignores the sequence or nature of the fabrication steps or processes?
– Do we conduct regular data quality audits to ensure that our strategies for enforcing quality control are up-to-date and that any corrective measures undertaken in the past have been successful in improving Data Quality?
– Have we established unit(s) whose primary responsibility is internal audit, Quality Assurance, internal control or quality control?
– What policies do we need to develop or enhance to ensure the quality control of data gathered?
– What quality control measures will be used to ensure the program progresses as planned?
– Do we regularly review and update its Data Quality control procedures?
– Are regulatory inspections considered part of quality control?
– Who needs to know about Public Cloud ?
– Do we have past Public Cloud Successes?
– What is your quality control system?
– What about quality control? Defects?
– What about quality control?
Software systems Critical Criteria:
Examine Software systems results and handle a jump-start course to Software systems.
– Does Public Cloud analysis show the relationships among important Public Cloud factors?
– Is maximizing Public Cloud protection the same as minimizing Public Cloud loss?
– How would one define Public Cloud leadership?
Infrastructure as a service Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Infrastructure as a service governance and give examples utilizing a core of simple Infrastructure as a service skills.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Public Cloud processes?
Google Now Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Google Now projects and correct Google Now management by competencies.
– Which customers cant participate in our Public Cloud domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Public Cloud Management?
Public utility Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Public utility tasks and define what do we need to start doing with Public utility.
– Is the Public Cloud organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Engine Yard Critical Criteria:
Rank Engine Yard tactics and report on the economics of relationships managing Engine Yard and constraints.
– What vendors make products that address the Public Cloud needs?
– Are assumptions made in Public Cloud stated explicitly?
– Why are Public Cloud skills important?
Code on demand Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Code on demand tactics and find the essential reading for Code on demand researchers.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Public Cloud, including any consulting or professional services?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Public Cloud project?
Application checkpointing Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Application checkpointing risks and know what your objective is.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Public Cloud is underway?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Public Cloud objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Does Public Cloud create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Startup company Critical Criteria:
Examine Startup company management and devote time assessing Startup company and its risk.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Public Cloud. How do we gain traction?
– Do we all define Public Cloud in the same way?
– How do we keep improving Public Cloud?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Oracle Corporation decisions and develop and take control of the Oracle Corporation initiative.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Public Cloud strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What is our formula for success in Public Cloud ?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Scan Microsoft Azure visions and ask what if.
– Do we monitor the Public Cloud decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Public Cloud leaders?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Public Cloud been identified and analyzed?
Platform engineering Critical Criteria:
Chart Platform engineering governance and perfect Platform engineering conflict management.
– Does Public Cloud systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What are the usability implications of Public Cloud actions?
– What is Effective Public Cloud?
Operating system–level virtualization Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Operating system–level virtualization failures and handle a jump-start course to Operating system–level virtualization.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Public Cloud move?
Web engineering Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Web engineering strategies and cater for concise Web engineering education.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Public Cloud leader?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Public Cloud processes?
Load balancer Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Load balancer risks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Load balancer because they lack skills.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Public Cloud strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
Client–server model Critical Criteria:
Grasp Client–server model planning and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Client–server model decisions.
Fog computing Critical Criteria:
Map Fog computing decisions and test out new things.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Fog computing : will it be the future of cloud computing ?
Simultaneous multithreading Critical Criteria:
Depict Simultaneous multithreading management and get answers.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Public Cloud forward?
Deterministic algorithm Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Deterministic algorithm quality and reduce Deterministic algorithm costs.
– In the case of a Public Cloud project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Public Cloud project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Public Cloud project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Public Cloud project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Public Cloud project lifecycle?
Ziff Davis Critical Criteria:
Check Ziff Davis risks and devise Ziff Davis key steps.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Public Cloud services/products?
– Does the Public Cloud task fit the clients priorities?
Distributed computing Critical Criteria:
Steer Distributed computing quality and remodel and develop an effective Distributed computing strategy.
– Do the Public Cloud decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Is Public Cloud dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Smarter Planet Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Smarter Planet engagements and drive action.
– To what extent does management recognize Public Cloud as a tool to increase the results?
Capital expenditure Critical Criteria:
Apply Capital expenditure quality and check on ways to get started with Capital expenditure.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Public Cloud processes?
– What are internal and external Public Cloud relations?
Distributed file system for cloud Critical Criteria:
Frame Distributed file system for cloud quality and do something to it.
Zadara Storage Critical Criteria:
Look at Zadara Storage planning and look for lots of ideas.
– How likely is the current Public Cloud plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Public Cloud requirements in detail?
General-purpose computing on graphics processing units Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to General-purpose computing on graphics processing units decisions and find answers.
– Is Public Cloud Required?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Start Data center strategies and learn.
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– An administrator of a virtualized data center is particularly concerned about nic failure. what should the administrator configure to address this concern?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
– How many data center sites do you have?
– What about Public Cloud Analysis of results?
Virtual appliance Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Virtual appliance strategies and correct Virtual appliance management by competencies.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Public Cloud process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Public Cloud process available?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Public Cloud workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Computer multitasking Critical Criteria:
Think about Computer multitasking results and get going.
Ubiquitous computing Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Ubiquitous computing decisions and find out.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Public Cloud process?
– How important is Public Cloud to the user organizations mission?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Public Cloud Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Public Cloud External links:
What is public cloud? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Public Cloud Convenience, Private Cloud Control
Rackspace Public Cloud – Calculator
Loop-level parallelism External links:
[PDF]Using Loop-Level Parallelism to Parallelize …
What is loop-level parallelism? – insideHPC
Systems architecture External links:
Systems Architecture Ch 11/13 Flashcards | Quizlet
IBM System/390 ES/9000 Enterprise Systems Architecture …
Journal of Systems Architecture – ScienceDirect.com
Business continuity External links:
Business Continuity Planning – Northwestern University
Business Continuity Plan | FEMA.gov
What is business continuity? | The BCI
Information technology External links:
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Instruction window External links:
KO Fire Curtain Instruction Window to Window – YouTube
INSTRUCTION WINDOW – Kidzone
[PDF]CS–2002–03 A Large, Fast Instruction Window for …
Message Passing Interface External links:
Introduction to the Message Passing Interface (MPI) using C
Message Passing Interface (MPI) Exercise
Using Microsoft Message Passing Interface
Software engineering External links:
Academy for Software Engineering / Homepage
Software Engineering Institute
Public Cloud External links:
Public Cloud Convenience, Private Cloud Control
What is public cloud? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Rackspace Public Cloud – Calculator
Apache CloudStack External links:
www.Cloudstack.org | Cloudstack – Apache CloudStack: …
Apache CloudStack Engineers – The CloudStack Company
Apache CloudStack: Open Source Cloud Computing
Stream processing External links:
Stream Processing – Quora
Superscalar processor External links:
[PDF]A First-Order Superscalar Processor Model
Superscalar Processor Organization – YouTube
What is meaning superscalar processor? – Quora
Vector processor External links:
Embedded vector processor runs software-defined radio …
What is a Vector Processor? – Definition from Techopedia
Vector processor – How is Vector processor abbreviated?
Back-end database External links:
Configure SQL Server Back-End Database
Moving a Back-End Database for an Enterprise Pool
Parallel computing External links:
Features – Parallel Computing Toolbox – MATLAB
Quality control External links:
OEQC Home – Office of Environmental Quality Control
Ardent Services, Inc. | Quality Control Evaluation Services
Part D: Ensuring Quality Control (QC) – fanniemae.com
Software systems External links:
Insurance Agency Management Software Systems – …
Clinical Research Trial Software Systems | RealTime …
Computing & Software Systems (CSS) – UW Bothell
Infrastructure as a service External links:
Infrastructure as a Service | Oracle Cloud
What is IaaS? Infrastructure as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Google Now External links:
Google Now Censoring Trump From Internet – Infowars
Google Now Has Its Own Fidget Spinner App | Time
Dec 07, 2017 · Upgrade the launcher on your Android device for a fast, clean home screen that puts Google Now just a swipe away. …
Public utility External links:
[PDF]TITLE PART PUBLIC UTILITY COMMISSION OF TEXAS
Engine Yard External links:
Engine Yard (@engineyard) | Twitter
Engine Yard Reviews | G2 Crowd
Engine Yard | NEA | New Enterprise Associates
Code on demand External links:
BankMobile: Code On Demand Finish Page – …
Application checkpointing External links:
HARDWARE-ASSISTED APPLICATION CHECKPOINTING …
Startup company External links:
Betterment startup company in New York – Business Insider
Startup Company: The Game
World’s Largest Startup Company Platform | Startups.co
Oracle Corporation External links:
Oracle Corporation – ORCL – Stock Price Today – Zacks
ORCL: Oracle Corporation – Detailed Estimates – Zacks.com
Oracle Corporation (ORCL) After Hours Trading – NASDAQ.com
Microsoft Azure External links:
Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio
Microsoft Azure Documentation | Microsoft Docs
Web engineering External links:
Web Engineering & Programming – Home | Facebook
Web Engineering Düsseldorf (Düsseldorf, Germany) | Meetup
[PDF]An Introduction to Web Engineering
Load balancer External links:
Load Balancer – F5 Networks
Load Balancer | Load Balancing – KEMP Technologies
Fog computing External links:
Fog Computing: a New IoT Architecture? – RTInsights
What Is Fog Computing? Webopedia Definition
Simultaneous multithreading External links:
“Simultaneous multithreading: Operating system …
simultaneous multithreading – Everything2.com
CiteSeerX — Simultaneous Multithreading and Multimedia
Deterministic algorithm External links:
What is Deterministic Algorithm | IGI Global
Example of a deterministic algorithm? – Stack Overflow
Ziff Davis External links:
Ziff Davis – Official Site
In-House Counsel at Ziff Davis | GoInhouse.com
Distributed computing External links:
Distributed computing (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Distributed Computing (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Distributed Computing – Springer
Smarter Planet External links:
A Smarter Planet: The Next Leadership Agenda | Council …
A Smarter Planet | Vital Speeches
Smarter Planet Comes to You – Home | Facebook
Capital expenditure External links:
What Is Capital Expenditure? — The Motley Fool
[PDF]Capital Expenditure Policy – University of Texas System
Capital Expenditure Policy | Expense | Chief Financial Officer
Distributed file system for cloud External links:
MeshFS: A distributed file system for cloud-based …
Distributed file system for cloud – wireless-toolkit.com
Zadara Storage External links:
Zadara Storage – Home | Facebook
Zadara Storage (@ZadaraStorage) | Twitter
Zadara Storage Cube – 18TB block and file storage
General-purpose computing on graphics processing units External links:
General-purpose computing on graphics processing units
Data center External links:
Race and Ethnicity Classifications — State Data Center
Defense Manpower Data Center – PSA Division
App Development, Data Center Solutions, Salesforce & IT
Virtual appliance External links:
Virtual Appliance – FREE download Virtual Appliance
Virtual Appliance – Netwrix
Virtual Appliances – FREE download Virtual Appliances
Computer multitasking External links:
What Is Computer Multitasking? (with picture) – wiseGEEK
Computer Multitasking Articles, Photos and Videos – AOL
Hard Computer Multitasking (Windows 95 Commercial) – …
Ubiquitous computing External links:
Cloud & Ubiquitous Computing Flashcards | Quizlet
students | Center for Cognitive Ubiquitous Computing
Home | Center for Cognitive Ubiquitous Computing